When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we are now up to 51 cases per 100,000 from 0 a few weeks back  ..... time to scrap those tiers and get the circuit break , Dont want it , but we need it .... :( 

we’ve just had household visits banned from tomorrow night nationwide. Border counties up to level 4 now too. Dublin still stable enough, but ramping up big time elsewhere...in early August we had only 6 cases one day, 1095 today! The only silver lining is that more people were discharged from hospital today than were admitted (same in ICU). Bad news is that a care home has an outbreak with 31 cases and 4 people have already died. They talked about addressing structural deficiencies in care homes during the summer, but statutory sick leave still isn’t fully implemented and precarious/temp contracts still mean staff working in multiple homes...how they thought they could avoid this by doing nothing is mind boggling...politicians eh?

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Media outlets and journalists, constantly desperate for a scoop to get retweets and engagement, have basically just let themselves become another arm of the government communications team haven't they? It's so frustrating seeing stuff get leaked out bit by bit.

It has always been that way. It's how it works.

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Media outlets and journalists, constantly desperate for a scoop to get retweets and engagement, have basically just let themselves become another arm of the government communications team haven't they? It's so frustrating seeing stuff get leaked out bit by bit.

The media, along with politicians on both sides, have behaved appallingly throughout the whole pandemic.

Its disappointing, but not surprising, that Tories, Labour and the media couldn’t put their petty,self serving point scoring aside and come together for the greater good just for one year.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Just like lockdown 1.0, I'm fleeing the city ASAP before it gets locked down. Packing my suitcase as we speak.

I think rather than all these tiers crap I’d rather just have a national lockdown. Get it over with.

No mixing households isn’t fun because I’ve moved out on a temporary basis into a London borough which means I won’t be able to go home and visit my parents.

Also means the exclusive preview night I’ve been invited to at my workplace won’t be able to bring 5 guests anymore... although it lies outside of a London borough so I don’t know how that will work out.

Edited by FestivalJamie

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

I think rather than all these tiers crap I’d rather just have a national lockdown. Get it over with.

No mixing households isn’t fun because I’ve moved out on a temporary basis into a London borough which means I won’t be able to go home and visit my parents.

Also means the exclusive preview night I’ve been invited to at my workplace won’t be able to bring 5 guests anymore... although it lies outside of a London borough so I don’t know how that will work out.

Yeah people act like tier 2 isn't that bad, but not being allowed to visit a mate is just as bad for me as the pubs being shut. Don't really see tier 2 as being any better than tier 3.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah people act like tier 2 isn't that bad, but not being allowed to visit a mate is just as bad for me as the pubs being shut. Don't really see tier 2 as being any better than tier 3.

If you’re in tier 2 might as well close everything down and have a more effective lockdown to be honest.

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

If you’re in tier 2 might as well close everything down and have a more effective lockdown to be honest.

Tier 2 is a bit shit for the economy tbf. Hardly anyone would want to go to the pub with their own household. At least in tier 3 you get a juicy bailout from the government.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Tier 2 is a bit shit for the economy tbf. Hardly anyone would want to go to the pub with their own household. At least in tier 3 you get a juicy bailout from the government.

Honestly these regional measures are pointless. National measures and mitigation’s are needed now before this keeps spiralling out of control again. 

I’m really loving my job so it will be devastating if we have to close and also devastating if I can’t see family etc but I think we really ought to do something sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I have absolutely zero intention of not seeing people outside my household if London goes in tier 2. 

Sorry but its utterly pointless and if I want to see the girl im dating, I will. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I have absolutely zero intention of not seeing people outside my household if London goes in tier 2. 

Sorry but its utterly pointless and if I want to see the girl im dating, I will. 

Hope she agrees.

:)

• Upvote 1