My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m no fan of MCR, but if they’re on against Swift I’d probably see them.

Not sure why, but I have a feeling it would be good.

Im not a fan whatsoever, but saw them before Pulp (weird) at TITP (weirder) years ago and I didn't hate it, so suppose it would

I'd always been very anti-emo when I was a teenager (music tribes hey? Remember them?), but, my mate and I got outrageously drunk and ended up watching their Reading set on TV and it was spectacular. Still unsure if it was the alcohol or the performance, but recall it being very campy, melodramatic and  fun. Plus it was helped that Poodlehead himself turned up for the encore.

In short, I'd give them a go at Glastonbury with a similar level of inebriation. 

cant see it myself. fully expecting the social media symbol thing to allude to their own UK show in June.

they have no reason or need to play glastonbury, its not their crowd and there is no money in it for them. plus if they dont want to be filmed live (they may prefer a DVD or streaming version of a live show recorded for air or release at a later date?)

Edited by Memory Man

Looks pretty much set in stone its June 20th, which clashes with Rammstein & their UK stadium tour (Coventry date). No confirmation on venue but more than likely MK bowl, Could be MK stadium. This will be their only UK HEADLINE show, meaning they could be billed highly or in secret at R&L. There's been talks since late last year.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Really? R+L is more pop, hip-hop and ladrock these days.

I would go more for the age average - but that's true that MCR are not a recent band and will also grab teens that are not that teens anymore :D

By the way some of the people are point that it's something on 10th June 2020 - would be pointing more to Download in this case. But I think that the headliners are closed with Kiss - Maiden - SOAD. Don't know then, MK?

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I would go more for the age average - but that's true that MCR are not a recent band and will also grab teens that are not that teens anymore :D

By the way some of the people are point that it's something on 10th June 2020 - would be pointing more to Download in this case. But I think that the headliners are closed with Kiss - Maiden - SOAD. Don't know then, MK?

Think its deffo MK, seems the place to go these days! Knotfest will be interesting I hope it takes off over here and that's @ MK. 

Read my above comment ^^^

34 minutes ago, lukecork said:

The vocalist for Creeper(Who're rumored to support) tweeted yesterday (Jan 9th) 'I've been waiting for tomorrow for a very  long time' tomorrow meaning today. Announcement tonight possible ? Creeper recently announced their own tour so not sure what else they could mean.

Probably their album announcement, wouldn't read into it.

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

On the outside chance MCR did play glasto I doubt they would clash them with Taylor. Putting them against Macca would make a lot more sense

Still I'm sticking with the 1 date at MK and a arena tour 2021 with new album

There were talks of then having booked dates at The O2, so could be that.

Guess I might have to give in and go to the mk bowl show.