2021 Headliners

20 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Lewis bringing on Baccara for a rendition of Yes Sir I Can Boogie will be a moment. 

I can absolutely see this happening when he headlines TRNSMT. Given that’s on the same day as the final I’m looking forward to the scenes when he goes on stage minutes after Scotland lift the trophy and opens with that. 

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Interesting post from yer man Ken about Kendrick Lamar. If we’ve not got Kendrick I wonder who else they’re planning?

Here come the drones.

Can't decide who is the more likely replacement, Muse or Arctic Monkeys. I just hope they don't have to use either of them. 

“Was” moving on without Kendrick? We don’t know where they’re at now, though. I may well be wrong but while it seems they sent out feelers to other acts early in the summer, I don’t get the sense they fully signed anyone up. Not to mention proposed acts like Arctics and Florence don’t seem to have anything in for next year (yet). Muse are the only threat but Christ, surely the festival would just say “nah mate soz, we’ve now get Kendrick back”. Surely Muse would appreciate they’re a total fallback at this stage?!

We know they’re wanting to rollover 2020 plans, so while they may have moved on from Kendrick earlier in the year he may well have come back in to the thinking.

Ken is the Yoda of European festivals but I’m not so sure if he’s bang up to date on Glastonbury gossip? I’d be pretty surprised if they didn’t pivot back to Kendrick when it became clear he was available. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Ken is the Yoda of European festivals but I’m not so sure if he’s bang up to date on Glastonbury gossip? I’d be pretty surprised if they didn’t pivot back to Kendrick when it became clear he was available. 

Begun, the crazy speculation has.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

“Was” moving on without Kendrick? We don’t know where they’re at now, though. I may well be wrong but while it seems they sent out feelers to other acts early in the summer, I don’t get the sense they fully signed anyone up. Not to mention proposed acts like Arctics and Florence don’t seem to have anything in for next year (yet). Muse are the only threat but Christ, surely the festival would just say “nah mate soz, we’ve now get Kendrick back”. Surely Muse would appreciate they’re a total fallback at this stage?!

We know they’re wanting to rollover 2020 plans, so while they may have moved on from Kendrick earlier in the year he may well have come back in to the thinking.

Ken only knows mainland Europe gossip but it does give us a window into people’s touring plans.

I think you’re right. Glasto wouldn’t of signed anyone they put feelers out to.

On a side note I’m very interested to hear who this act is that Rock Werchter have booked for 2021.

The clues are

- Stadium filler

- No announced dates for 2021 so far, want to announce them all in one go.

He’s mentioned a worthy replacement for SOAD but I don’t think that’s talking about the same act, as this act is meant to be playing on the Friday which is the day the strokes were playing.

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

RATM?

Already announced they aren’t coming to Europe until later in 2021.

I think the SOAD comment has to be a red herring or connected to a different headliner. I think if this is an artist replacing the Strokes or playing the same day (the Friday).

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d still be gobsmacked if Kendrick doesn’t play.

Me too.

Would seem a bit odd to put out that you want to move over 2020 plans to 2021 but not have Kendrick play when he’s actively touring before and after Glastonbury in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

On a side note I’m very interested to hear who this act is that Rock Werchter have booked for 2021.

The clues are

- Stadium filler

- No announced dates for 2021 so far, want to announce them all in one go.

He’s mentioned a worthy replacement for SOAD but I don’t think that’s talking about the same act, as this act is meant to be playing on the Friday which is the day the strokes were playing.

AC/DC seem to fit the Bill surely