2021 Headliners

24 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Personally I'm not a fan of one album Headliners. It can work and it has in the past but i think you need to earn it with more than one successful album.  

Also i dont think Glasto panders  to artist A has more listens that artist B on Spotify. Its not just about that. 

Well she has a second album coming soon so you don’t have to worry about that

What’s this Big Willy news then?

edit; just to chime in. I think Billie single album (second album due) headlining is a different beast to someone like Stormzy. Although she is bigger than he is, not in terms of British culture which is what the Stormzy booking was down to. I don’t think Billie has the wider appeal to the masses who may attend just to see, I think she’s more of a marmite act with people who are indifferent to her.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

What’s this Big Willy news then?

edit; just to chime in. I think Billie single album (second album due) headlining is a different beast to someone like Stormzy. Although she is bigger than he is, not in terms of British culture which is what the Stormzy booking was down to. I don’t think Billie has the wider appeal to the masses who may attend just to see, I think she’s more of a marmite act with people who are indifferent to her.

I agree and her album is all I listened to for weeks when it first came out but even I would easily be lured elsewhere, and I have never seen her live. I also don't understand where this one album is coming from, she does have another which contains her greatest song, Ocean Eyes. Still, headliner no but put her as a sub and I am more likely to be there. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Could everyone vote in the poll?

I’m really interested to see the results after a fair few votes

Tbh I’m in an incredibly strange position where I’d be equally devastated by any one act being absent but equally jubilant that the remaining two are still there. Such a strong trio for me.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh I’m in an incredibly strange position where I’d be equally devastated by any one act being absent but equally jubilant that the remaining two are still there. Such a strong trio for me.

In all honestly the reason why I have that twitter account is because the opinions of glasto twitter goers are quite different from efestival opinions. I think it’s quite interesting to see the reaction to different announcements on both sides.

Kendrick was one of the highest rated headliners here (I think when a poll was done here). But he’s not getting many votes on twitter.

Paul has steadily held 50% off of the votes, but has gone down a bit as some more people have been voting Swift.

that’s my CNN reporting but I find it interesting how broad glasto’s audience is. It’s healthy to look outside of efestivals for glasto opinions! 

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

But for real Therefore I am is a banger and her and finneas are a gr8 duo and you should all just bow down and submit now.

I actually think its a really bad song but I like how versatile she sounds on it (the different vocal takes she has during the verses are great, too bad the hook is ded)

3 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Personally I'm not a fan of one album Headliners. It can work and it has in the past but i think you need to earn it with more than one successful album.  

Also i dont think Glasto panders  to artist A has more listens that artist B on Spotify. Its not just about that. 

But its not like Billie popped out an album out of nowhere and suddenly got to asked to be a headliner - shes been around for a fair while now (Ocean Eyes was what 2015/2016?).