Fake Poster....

wilko8

Look @Benja100, you can't cite a source as evidence that Greta is one of the people who is getting the science wrong when all that source says is that he disapproves of people who are getting the science wrong. You might be right that he was referring to Greta, but it's a pretty circular argument - you claim Greta gets the science wrong, so who else could the person who dislikes the science being wrong be referring to? The only evidence you've presented that it is her is your own assertion that she's being overly alarmist, when you're submitting that source in order to support that very assertion. If we're going to try to make solid arguments and raise the level of debate, I'm sure there are better sources to cite criticising Greta and XR in general.

It actually makes me laugh how much people try to discredit Greta. She's a 16y/o girl upset at the prospect of losing her future and instead of sitting at home, decided to get off her ass and try to do whatever she could. She is not claiming to be a scientist, she is not claiming to have all the answers, she just wants people to act and try to solve the very undisputable problems we are facing. 

Honestly, it's the fact that she triggers people this hard that she has even been sensationalized as much as she has. Everytime she gets bullied it just makes people pay attention more. 

I heard she can't even actually speak and they just play a recording of Hilary Clinton faking a swedish accent. Theres also very credible info she is actually a 67y/o transgendered man with Benjamin Button disease. I have sources but they are high inside the government.

(Sorry for bringing it back up, but I missed out working all day)

When talking with scientists it is very rare that I hear any criticism towards Greta, as Greta’s main continuous point is “listen to the scientists!”. She’s almost universally respected. 

Lots of critique is sent the way of XR by scientists though. And as XR have co-opted GT into their movement they may tarnish GT’s aura and message over time. We shall see. 

Edited by caballosblancos

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

in fact that last post was too nice, @Benja100 fuck off bozo

Given that he’s now railroaded two threads in the last few days by coming on and starting unnecessary arguments it’s probably best that people just ignore him and don’t engage.

The ironic thing is that he’s also trying to promote whatever that bullshit service is he’s offering. Based on his behaviour on here most people will be giving him a wide berth at the fest if they see his little yellow t-shirt.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given that he’s now railroaded two threads in the last few days by coming on and starting unnecessary arguments it’s probably best that people just ignore him and don’t engage.

The ironic thing is that he’s also trying to promote whatever that bullshit service is he’s offering. Based on his behaviour on here most people will be giving him a wide berth at the fest if they see his little yellow t-shirt.

Yep, i certainly got the idea that he was looking to just wind people up when we all had valid points ignored and called him out on his own lack of research only for him to ignore that too. 

Appreciate people have different opinions but if you want to shove them down our throats you have to listen to others and back up your own opinion with facts and not bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It took about an hour, and much of that was made up of trawling these boards looking for plausible acts to include.

tbf, all of us on here have arguably too much time on our hands!

I think you may have the wrong end of the stick there pal. ?