2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Rules out Taylor Swift then. She could be announced now.

;)

they could have announced The Cure as the first headliner this time last year. They didn't.

I reckon (if she's playing) Taylor won't be announced until March or April. Like with the cure it puts the focus on the other shows for the moment.

59 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they could have announced The Cure as the first headliner this time last year. They didn't.

I reckon (if she's playing) Taylor won't be announced until March or April. Like with the cure it puts the focus on the other shows for the moment.

Yah I know really. I think she’ll play - was just mucking about.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

When do BST normally start announcing? If Taylor is announced for one of those dates with the 28th free, and it's not billed as "UK exclusive" then we'll probably know what's going on. She must be doing some other show that's embargoed or else it'd have been announced already, which is then holding up the Glastonbury announcement I guess.

Or she's doing Isle of Wight ?

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

She must be doing some other show that's embargoed or else it'd have been announced already

I've seen this opinion or something similar stated a lot, it simply isn't true it is out of the ordinary for people to be announced this early. It's not simply because of other shows or late bookings it's standard Glastonbury practice to announce in the new year.

Maybe they just want a big lineup drop? Glastonbury have sometimes key acts slip to keep us in the loop but traditionally they don’t.

Maybe she doesn’t want to announce Taylor without other acts at the same time. Maybe she’s concerned about the impending negative reaction lol.

maybe maybe maybe.

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

Every year I promise myself I won’t get caught up in all of this and every year I’m here, every day, scouring these boards for clues and information!

This thread, headliners and the state of the ground become my life...I’m 50 years old, this needs to stop. 

19D596D2-F6DC-4FF0-B534-7A065F46D23D.png

• Like 1