2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

10 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

This year is my first Glastonbury so I wasn't there but there seems to be a lot of people making excuses for why they saw Sheeran...think we have a lot of Ed fans here who are in denial...

With regards to this year, I'm not a massive fan of any of the headliners to be honest, but wan't to make sure I will see one which at the moment is most likely Macca if he is against Dua Lipa, as it will be a great sing a long

In fairness I thought he was alright. I would not say I am a fan at all, but I like one or two songs and I love the Everything Has Changed duet with Taylor. That said, my feet really, really, hurt, proximity to the Cider Bus was pretty much the only thing getting me through the end of that Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

In fairness I thought he was alright. I would not say I am a fan at all, but I like one or two songs and I love the Everything Has Changed duet with Taylor. That said, my feet really, really, hurt, proximity to the Cider Bus was pretty much the only thing getting me through the end of that Sunday.

He played all the songs I'd heard of in the first 15 minutes, then I got very, very bored. As did a lot of people around me it seemed.

31 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

This year is my first Glastonbury so I wasn't there but there seems to be a lot of people making excuses for why they saw Sheeran...think we have a lot of Ed fans here who are in denial...

No denial or excuses here, if I liked him I wouldn't have a problem admitting it. I've admitted to far worse down the years.

29 minutes ago, Superscally said:

That may have been the lack of oxygen in the air with all the flares!

Haha maybe, I remember being so tired standing in the crowd for them, after black keys they put on a countdown timer on the screen which felt like it went on for 3 hours when it was probably only 45 mins / 1 hours.

Got beans back and stayed out for a good night in the naughty corner.

23 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

You have my condolences. Have you managed to put that year behind you?

It's taken time..but I'm nearly there. Spent Sunday evening in the Park and watched one of my favourite bands at The Rabbit Hole on the Sunday that year so I finished on a high! 

Only done the treble 2013 and 2014. Managed to take in a headliner at all of the main stages other than the JP. I’m hoping the Sunday night will change that this year.

I don’t doubt that Adele was good, or as a mate put it; ‘life changing.’ But I would just much rather spend my time singing along to something I actively listen to, unless there really is nothing else.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Different strokes and all but I can't see why anyone would willingly cut themselves off from such an experience

I can't exactly put my finger on why but over the years I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for it, to the point where I might swerve someone I'd otherwise see cause they are on there

Edited by rock the clock

Agree with all those talking about the magic of a top Pyramid headlining set. Having not seen any in 16 and only The Who (which was disappointing) in 15, I’d  almost forgot how good it was. Made a last minute decision to go to The Cure and it was transcendent. So I may be on for all 3 this year.

The other thing I love about it is the crackle in the air before a big one. The PowerPoint slide on the screen keeps flashing up ‘On Next’ with the acts name, the crowd expands and with the chatter and the buzz and the anticipation the Atmosphere is amazing. I first noticed it before Radiohead in 2003 then again for Blur, Stevie and the Stones. You could bottle it and sell it.

Edited by MEGABOWL

I've never done three nights at the Pyramid in 6 visit and I wont be making it to three this year (Macca only for me)! Closest I've done is two nights in 2013, 2017 and 2019.

The Pyramid is the best stage in the world, but there is also something incredible about headline sets at the Park and also in JP. 

All this chat has made me realise I've never seen a Park headline set, maybe that'll change this year? In 2015 I didn't have a headliner so after Jamie xx (which remains one of my favourite sets of all time) I ended up in silent disco then saw FFS on the Sunday on JP. In 2016, I saw New Order & LCD on Other, 2017 I plucked for sitting outside the JP for Metronomy then last year I ended up in SE Corner for Gojira & Idles on the Friday then saw Janelle Monae on the Sunday. 

26 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Agree with all those talking about the magic of a top Pyramid headlining set. Having not seen any in 16 and only The Who (which was disappointing) in 15, I’d  almost forgot how good it was. Made a last minute decision to go to The Cure and it was transcendent. So I may be on for all 3 this year.

The other thing I love about it is the crackle in the air before a big one. The PowerPoint slide on the screen keeps flashing up ‘On Next’ with the acts name, the crowd expands and with the chatter and the buzz and the anticipation the Atmosphere is amazing. I first noticed it before Radiohead in 2003 then again for Blur, Stevie and the Stones. You could bottle it and sell it.

Spot on about all, I wasn't at Radiohead but the rest, incredible. I was gutted that U2 rained because at the front, where you couldn't tell, it was magic. I was running before when Pictures of You came on by the Cure and it took me right back. There was a mad swirling atmosphere for the Cure and possibly the best sound I've ever heard from a band there.

7 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

All this chat has made me realise I've never seen a Park headline set, maybe that'll change this year? In 2015 I didn't have a headliner so after Jamie xx (which remains one of my favourite sets of all time) I ended up in silent disco then saw FFS on the Sunday on JP. In 2016, I saw New Order & LCD on Other, 2017 I plucked for sitting outside the JP for Metronomy then last year I ended up in SE Corner for Gojira & Idles on the Friday then saw Janelle Monae on the Sunday. 

Think the only major stage I’ve never seen a headliner on is the Acoustic.