2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how many others are struggling with a Taylor / Psbs clash ?  ... 

I am more worried for an anti-clash as I am not interested in any :) PSBS should sub not headline the Other if they are playing same Taylor day but I think they will headline Friday Other.

Edited by AlexOvd

PSB every day for me.  Would generally be my preference anyway, but for a Sunday night singalong I would much rather have some bangers I now and would sing along to. Don't know Swift's stuff enough to say the same for her.

Caveta - much can change between now and June

Just now, AlexOvd said:

I am more worried for an anti-clash as I am not interested in any :) PSBS should sub not headline the Other if they are playing same Taylor day.

That would be better :) although we have what we think is right ... im sure lots changes when we get it all announced :) 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

PSB every day for me.  Would generally be my preference anyway, but for a Sunday night singalong I would much rather have some bangers I now and would sing along to. Don't know Swift's stuff enough to say the same for her.

Amazingly I know quite a lot by both .... I cant really say that for loads of Artists .... best mate an ultimate psb fan so if we get there it might sway the decision .... his daughter who might be joining us for the sunday is a Taylor Swift fan .... so choice will be tough 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes, I would be, I’d probably prefer the PSB but this would likely be the only opportunity to see Taylor Swift, as there’s no appeal for me in spending a considerable sum for an arena gig. 

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, I would be, I’d probably prefer the PSB but this would likely be the only opportunity to see Taylor Swift, as there’s no appeal for me in spending a considerable sum for an arena gig. 

yes I dont think id ever see her elsewhere ... whereas the pSBs might go on for another 4 decades :) 

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

You need to listen to some more T Swizzle then. Plenty time....

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

You need to listen to some more T Swizzle then. Plenty time....

Weeeelllll maybe.

Thing is that with music, films, books, tv and all that good stuff, there's an endless list of recommendations of stuff you should get into. Often for good reason to be fair. But it's just impossible to do it all.

If I get into Swift a bit more organically and find I love it, then all cool. But I'm really unlikely to MAKE myself do it just because she's playing Glastonbury. Does that make sense?

See also: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Shawshank Redemption, The Wire, Kendrick Lamar....the list goes on :)

Would struggle with Taylor vs Pet Shop Boys, I think I would probably end up at Taylor and hopefully not regret it to much when I see the BBC footage back home.

Ideally for me pet shop boys Vs Kendrick as I am not really into Kendrick although I can appreciate he is excellent at what he does.

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not struggling at all as Taylor wins hand down, but not happy about it as I would love to see PSB. 

Massive fan of PSB - wore out all my cassettes back in the day and have never seen them live so would love to catch them ... but Swifty is just unmissable.

For anyone sitting on the fence and not up with her back catalogue - get listening and you might be surprised. 

Edited by circus92

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Weeeelllll maybe.

Thing is that with music, films, books, tv and all that good stuff, there's an endless list of recommendations of stuff you should get into. Often for good reason to be fair. But it's just impossible to do it all.

If I get into Swift a bit more organically and find I love it, then all cool. But I'm really unlikely to MAKE myself do it just because she's playing Glastonbury. Does that make sense?

See also: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Shawshank Redemption, The Wire, Kendrick Lamar....the list goes on :)

Totally makes sense, she just has lots of bangers that you can certainly singalong to though. 

If that list at the end means you are yet to see or listen to any of them then this is criminal. :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Earth_pig said:

Would struggle with Taylor vs Pet Shop Boys, I think I would probably end up at Taylor and hopefully not regret it to much when I see the BBC footage back home.

Ideally for me pet shop boys Vs Kendrick as I am not really into Kendrick although I can appreciate he is excellent at what he does.

Exact same here - get PSB on Friday night.

You won't regret Taylor - it will be epic

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Totally makes sense, she just has lots of bangers that you can certainly singalong to though. 

If that list at the end means you are yet to see or listen to any of them then this is criminal. :lol:

Sopranos - nope

Breaking Bad - one or two episodes

Shawshank - nope, but feel like I know the story pretty well by osmosis

The Wire - half of season 1

Kendrick - couple of songs

I regret nothing! :D