Chef

British Summer Time 2020

15 hours ago, Jericode said:

As a Foo Foghters fan, they're Reading headline set wasn't as good as their London show last year because it was pretty much exactly the same, even the pandering in between songs. So yes.

But the Reading set wins because of the Rick Astley surprise.

I left about half way through to go and watch last bit of Chvrches and Bastille.  I was getting a bit bored.  

Do you think Blink 182 have a shot? Not sure if still affiliated with AEG. Said they plan to tour Europe in 2020. Have a new album out. Toured US celebrating Enema of the state anniversary. Day similar to Green Days a couple years back could work . 

19 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I'm a big Foo Fighters fan, but I agree. Their main problem is that they tend to have really good singles and then only tend to play the singles live.

With an ever growing list, none of the previous hits ever get cut or swapped, so you just end up with the same 15 songs plus the latest 4 or 5. The next tour, two of those will be added as staples, etc. Most of the songs from the previous album are never heard again.

It's a shame as I think they have some great album tracks. Most of Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace has never been played live. 

I'd be intrigued to know what they would produce if they did a by request gig but did it properly and excluded the big hits.

Don't get me wrong - songs like All My Life, Pretender, Times Like These, Best of You, Everlong etc is some superb material to call on. But I still enjoy remember hearing stuff at the MK Bowl 2011 gig that I doubt is coming back any time soon, and think it would be cool to have more variety.

Equally, however, I'm used to bands getting reliant on a core of hits. Its an impressive call U2 dropped the entire Joshua Tree album on the E&I Tour, for one, but its pretty rare a band is willing to do that anymore.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

And in the same week I wondered if they were a shout for this. Take it they're not any more.

Still, one from London, Coventry or Manchester would work. Although I will say Falkirk for a Scottish date looks really random.

4 minutes ago, phimill said:

When are we expecting the first line up for BST next year?

next week, not sure which day.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, charlierc said:

Still, one from London, Coventry or Manchester would work. Although I will say Falkirk for a Scottish date looks really random.

Hampden will be ruled out at that time because it is hosting games in the Euros (which will be over well before Gerry Cinnamon plays there) and Falkirk has hosted gigs before.

27 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

What to expect? Paul? RHCP?

no idea, apart from what Brave Sir Robin has hinted at/said.

I hadn't really considered Macca, but now you mention it, maybe he's been announced for glasto to hype up interest for BST shows announced next week? Not impossible I guess.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no idea, apart from what Brave Sir Robin has hinted at/said.

I hadn't really considered Macca, but now you mention it, maybe he's been announced for glasto to hype up interest for BST shows announced next week? Not impossible I guess.

Dates of his seem to be coming thick and fast now so I imagine he will be announced for BST.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Dates of his seem to be coming thick and fast now so I imagine he will be announced for BST.

Mental that next year it'll be 10 years since he last played Hyde Park. That was a good gig, figured it was a "last chance" opportunity. Best supporting line up they've ever had too, in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, WFD said:

Hampden will be ruled out at that time because it is hosting games in the Euros (which will be over well before Gerry Cinnamon plays there) and Falkirk has hosted gigs before.

True but, as said in another thread, they sold out Bellahouston Park and I would argue they're a big enough band to play a Murrayfield, or one of the Old Firm stadiums, all of which have hosted gigs.

Though to be fair, I think it'll be cooler to see them in a smaller venue when compared to the rest of the tour.

Edited by charlierc

24 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Mookie-Blaylock.jpeg

Mookie BLAYLOCK!!!! PEARL JAM ???

9 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

It's Pearl Jam - they were originally named after the geezer. 

Every day's a school day! 

I was dreaming of Glastonbury, but can settle for a day in Hyde Park ?