Airbed, Roll Mat, Self Inflating Mat, Camp Bed and so on

JoeyT

1 hour ago, PaintedInSand said:

Bought this exact one a while back. Think it's arriving today so tempted to get it out and give it a test. Although i'm certain i won't be able to repack it as tightly.

If i do get it out, I'll report back on the quality

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Looks decent and depth is good.   I wouldn't bother with anything less than 10cm depth and this one is 11cm.  The other one mentioned on this page is 2.5cm and will be like sleeping on the floor.

11 minutes ago, Rogbrebnyak said:

Bought this exact one a while back. Think it's arriving today so tempted to get it out and give it a test. Although i'm certain i won't be able to repack it as tightly.

If i do get it out, I'll report back on the quality

The depth is only 2.5cm and this won't be very comfy IMHO

5 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Just chiming in to say my partner and I haven't a Scooby what we're sleeping on yet. As a start, would people generally recommend two singles or one double for a couple? 

Two singles - if you’re of varying sizes then as soon as one big person moves, the smaller other gets tossed around like a little boat on an ocean wave. Plus there’s a little dividing channel in which you can tuck your wallet while asleep, so no fucker can steal it! 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Two singles - if you’re of varying sizes then as soon as one big person moves, the smaller other gets tossed around like a little boat on an ocean wave. Plus there’s a little dividing channel in which you can tuck your wallet while asleep, so no fucker can steal it! 

Smart, cheers!

Got a double self-inflator but they're quite hard and very low down to the ground. Also quite heavy and not particularly smaller than a blow up bed when rolled up. Going for a standard double blowup this year. Stick a fitted sheet on it to make it feel a bit more bed-like and get a double sleeping back - unzip to use as a large duvet. Real pillow + case from home then you're getting pretty close to it feeling like a real bed. 

Edited by UEF

5 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

Maybe I had a really poor quality version, but my blow-up mattress kept deflating in the middle of the night. Plus — so heavy/bulky!

Just splurged and bought one of these. Go camping a fair bit, so figure it'll be worth the investment. 

I got mine from these guys too - get all my camping gear from them to be fair, they're great. I've got this one, wouldn't be without it. 

I picked up one of these (was £67 in sale) to replace our leaky old self inflating double matt:

https://www.checkfrank.co.uk/klymit-isulated-double-v-sleeping-mat/

Tested it out but not camped with it yet. Very light and compact compared to other options which is great as we're on the coach this year. Tried a double airbed in past but found the bounciness caused problems with waking each other and its size made it difficult to walk / move around inside the tent.

We use a double sleeping bag but have separate cotton liners which really helps keep warm if its a cold night. If it's really cold a foil backed picnic blanket goes on top as well. Just use inflatable pillows but put in case and pad it out with some clothes.

Edited by I am Jon

Only ever done airbed once, wasn't really for me. Took up the whole tent, not into that

Last few years I've just cocooned myself in a sleeping bag but on reflection, I'm not sure how I ended up doing that. Opted for a self-inflating mat and sleeping bag this time...

4 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

This topic has come at a handy time, I've been on airbed for the past 3 nights and it just deflates so quickly I may as well sleeping on the cold hard ground. Thinking about buying a mummy sleeping bag and a self inflating pad. Below are the items I'm thinking about getting, I want lightweight and easy to carry but not something that will be unbelievably uncomfortable. Recommendations are would be great! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Trek-350x-Sleeping-Bag/dp/B071CNTGTL?SubscriptionId=AKIAI47D7OLXZQOXQMLA&tag=thefestivalsuk-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B071CNTGTL - Anyone had any experience with this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SGODDE-Inflatable-Waterproof-Ultralight-Backpacking/dp/B079FZTC93/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

That sgodde one is the one I use. Inflates in a couple of mins with inbuilt foot pump, doesnt deflate and packs up quite small into its bag, I fit mine in a 65l rucksack with everything else.

52 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

That sgodde one is the one I use. Inflates in a couple of mins with inbuilt foot pump, doesnt deflate and packs up quite small into its bag, I fit mine in a 65l rucksack with everything else.

Oh fab that's good news! I need to pack much lighter this year so this will do nicely.

Single inflatable mattress and sleeping bag unzipped and opened out in to a quilt for me.

Used to bring a double but it was just too much weight and honestly a single does just fine - I'm usually out like a light by the time I'm getting in to bed anyway. It's enough for the 4-5 or so hours of sleep I get each night

Had never thought of bringing a duvet as I run pretty warm anyway so don't really need it, so much so that I often end up sleeping in my undies under my unzipped sleeping bag anyway. This has given me something to think about though as a duvet sounds like bliss.

Depends too much on how you sleep - I'm very happy on a Z-rest but have a StaticV for comfort. Quite like sleeping bags.... but a double airbed and duvet is very special.

Duvet fans will be wise to get those vacuum-pack clothes bags, will make a huge difference to how much you have to carry.

After giving myself heatstroke last time lugging a self inflating mattress in, I'm going a lot lighter this year with a Klymit Static V insulated pad. I'm also teaming it with a wider sleeping bag this year so I can sleep on my side more comfortably. Fingers crossed!