Secret act 2019

Jake9502

11 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Elbow were up there in 2017 on the Friday and it was rammed 

Yes forgot about them although it's another one that was barely a secret. In the early noughties they were much more secret with whispers usually only going around a couple of hours before. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even in 2010, the Thom/Jonny set at The Park was under wraps until shortly beforehand.

Yes that was my first one. I heard about it about 2 hours before hand and we changed our plan to see Dizzee and went to see Florence so we could get up to the Park where we managed to get there and hear them. Seeing them was out of the question but as per the the tall/short people thread not seeing acts is a lifetime struggle for me!! ???

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@mr flow is pulling double duty and returning after his sterling job in 2017. Although everyone who ran it in the past still helps out with the thread.

A big thanks to all those involved!

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Strokes. JPT or Park.

Ill be surprised if its not them

Doesn't really seem to be The Strokes' style to do a secret set for no money at a festival they have no affiliation with sadly. Would love to see them though -  I seem to be one of the few people on here that actually likes them!

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not a lot of big slots left unfilled though (Other Sunday headliner?).

Plus probably the Sunday Pyramid sub, maybe another act between them and Kylie, and possibly the Friday West Holts headliner

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Blur would be ridiculously dangerous any where but on the pyramid. 

If blur were serious about doing more dates i would think 2020 would be more likely

What about Thom Yorke solo?

I'm still hopeful he will appear somewhere. He's starting a european tour on the tuesday after Glasto.

34 minutes ago, incident said:

Plus probably the Sunday Pyramid sub, maybe another act between them and Kylie, and possibly the Friday West Holts headliner

With Jon Hopkins now seemingly on Friday, West Holts headliner for him surely makes sense?

I'd also be very down for a Thom Yorke solo set. As others have said, Blur would be beyond dangerous if anywhere other than Pyramid

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

With Jon Hopkins now seemingly on Friday, West Holts headliner for him surely makes sense?

Regardless of crowd size, to me that would seem like an incredibly poor stylistic fit - I'd have thought he'd go just about anywhere else except the Acoustic Stage or Avalon before WH.

8 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

I'd also be very down for a Thom Yorke solo set. As others have said, Blur would be beyond dangerous if anywhere other than Pyramid

Any more dangerous than the Killers really  though? Just have to close the field off..

2 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

It’s Mark Ronson and Arcade Fire...

Nice idea, any source?

8 hours ago, incident said:

Regardless of crowd size, to me that would seem like an incredibly poor stylistic fit - I'd have thought he'd go just about anywhere else except the Acoustic Stage or Avalon before WH.

I've seen Underworld and Orbital headline that stage before, plus Disclosure have.