Secret act 2019

Jake9502

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

BBC Introducing is almost always Slaves.

I think they may utilise the Sunday afternoon secret slot after 2017's Killers set, as it splits the crowds up a bit when it's on against the legend.

Blur were previously mentioned, but we could maybe see Gorillaz? They were rumoured to play a set in 2017. Damon will already be there, there is a possibility that some of the live band could be there as YOTA (They surely have connections), and there are already a few Gorillaz collaborators confirmed to be at the festival.

BBC intro secret sets were Blossoms in 2017 and Catfish and the Bottlemen In 2016. I can see Gerry Cinnamon doing a secret set in there

9 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Ah no sorry mate, no Doves info, i'm just saying that I was surprised that them or Foals weren't on the first poster.

Sadly, one of the band members has posted on Insta that they aren't playing at Glasto.

Gutted! Still plenty of chances to see them elsewhere this summer but a glasto set would've been perfect.

1 hour ago, SG87 said:

BBC intro secret sets were Blossoms in 2017 and Catfish and the Bottlemen In 2016. I can see Gerry Cinnamon doing a secret set in there

Blossoms, Slaves, Glass Animals and George Ezra were all in there in 2017

12 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Liking the sound of this! Where is the stage and when do we find out who’s playing/the times they’re playing? (I’m a first timer)

It’s in Silver Hayes (the dance village).  They normally have a chalk board outside saying the words ‘special guests’.  Closer to the time they then add the name.  Normally you can find out on twitter or the secret glasto account.

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s in Silver Hayes (the dance village).  They normally have a chalk board outside saying the words ‘special guests’.  Closer to the time they then add the name.  Normally you can find out on twitter or the secret glasto account.

Found out that Blossoms were on in BBC Intro tent about 40 mins before in 2017 and we were at Williams Green eating pizza! That was a tough one to get to, speed march across the Pyramid field while Kris Kristofferson failed to hold a note 

2 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Found out that Blossoms were on in BBC Intro tent about 40 mins before in 2017 and we were at Williams Green eating pizza! That was a tough one to get to, speed march across the Pyramid field while Kris Kristofferson failed to hold a note 

Christ Kris Krostofferson..... one of the worst things I’ve ever ever seen!! (And I saw Kate Nash on the Other stage in 2010.... so that’s saying something)

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, Badlands said:

Those extolling the virtues of secret shows would do well to remember that Friday at the Other Stage, 2014; when a fevered crowds expectations were audibly quashed with a drop of a curtain reading the fateful words, 'Kaiser Chiefs'.

It's said the groans that day could be heard for miles.

on the Sunday of 2016 i was chilling in the acoustic bar when a sure fire tip came in that Prince was about to play John Peel tent - needless to say we reorganised our internal organs to get there only to hear the Kooks wafting over the long drops. disappointment could have been bottled...(despite asmiring the kooks but hey?..)

4 hours ago, bullie said:

on the Sunday of 2016 i was chilling in the acoustic bar when a sure fire tip came in that Prince was about to play John Peel tent - needless to say we reorganised our internal organs to get there only to hear the Kooks wafting over the long drops. disappointment could have been bottled...(despite asmiring the kooks but hey?..)

Think I’d have ran if he played a secret set two months after he died ?

25C8116A-9DA8-4518-B431-8798E4529140.png

With you all the way. They have totally nailed that whole Blossoms vibe. No-one else does music exactly like they do it.

Although tbh I have to admit to not being a massive fan, I always preferred their best friend, Sixes.

Edited by uscore