Jump to content
Barneym

Main bars drinks selection

Recommended Posts

From memory your basic choice for a pint from the main bars are lager (Tuborg I think), the real ale and cider which I know is changing this year.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t ever remember them having a keg fizzy pale ale for sale, given how common place this has become in every bar does anyone think this will be added to the standard drinks selection this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit concerned about the new cider. I don’t enjoy beer, lager or ale so cider is my one regular drink at the festival. Thatcher’s was a good average cider. This new one, I’ve never heard of. I suppose if it isn’t that great it’ll encourage me to drink less which would be no bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no idea, but I agree it makes a lot of sense. At the very least, I'd expect to see more IPA options turning up at the non-standard bars, E.g. Beat Hotel.

There's a craft ale bar in the Theatre and Circus field if that's your bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no idea, but I agree it makes a lot of sense. At the very least, I'd expect to see more IPA options turning up at the non-standard bars, E.g. Beat Hotel.

There's a craft ale bar in the Theatre and Circus field if that's your bag.

Think it’s a corporate affair tho. *edit* not an independent brewery.

Edited by Wooderson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael’s not a booze guy. It’s one of the major weaknesses in his shindig. The beer is notoriously and inexcusably shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m a bit concerned about the new cider. I don’t enjoy beer, lager or ale so cider is my one regular drink at the festival. Thatcher’s was a good average cider. This new one, I’ve never heard of. I suppose if it isn’t that great it’ll encourage me to drink less which would be no bad thing. 

If you think that the drinks choices will encourage you to drink less then you may be being too optimistic.

Tuburg has been the only lager choice at festivals for years but that hasn’t stopped me drinking a lake full of it over the three days, haha.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Think it’s a corporate affair tho. *edit* not an independent brewery.

Yeah, l from what I remember it sells well known brands, it's not a chin stroking micro-brewery type affair. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to the drinker.

I think they sell Brewdog and Boston, but I really can't remember. But it's that level of (non)obscurity. Do you remember which beers?

 

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, l from what I remember it sells well known brands, it's not a chin stroking micro-brewery type affair. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to the drinker.

I think they sell Brewdog and Boston, but I really can't remember. But it's that level of (non)obscurity. Do you remember which beers?

 

Have totally missed this exists in 5 festivals, thanks. I’m quite happy on the real ale and cans of warm cider most of the time (I have no idea how people can drink warm lager) but as a first beer of the day from the bars I’m normally in the mood for something cold and fizzy so even a corporate IPA would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The queue at that bar was utter madness. No Brewdog, but I don’t remember who the  fakecraft provider was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, l from what I remember it sells well known brands, it's not a chin stroking micro-brewery type affair. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to the drinker.

I think they sell Brewdog and Boston, but I really can't remember. But it's that level of (non)obscurity. Do you remember which beers?

 

Various Brooklyn beers. The fairly standard Brooklyn Lager, plus Scorcher IPA (which is alright) and East IPA. They’re a bit much of a muchness, I really would prefer a sour or a kickass tangerine pale or something just for variety but it’s nevertheless better than Tuborg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chazwwe said:

Do they serve Delirium anywhere do we know? 

Grimbergen is what I normally drink there. I haven't seen Delirium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They certainly do sell Real Ale there. I worked for Shelter for two  years and that was  the bar we were at for our first year. The best bar by far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kalifire said:

I’m a bit concerned about the new cider. I don’t enjoy beer, lager or ale so cider is my one regular drink at the festival. Thatcher’s was a good average cider. This new one, I’ve never heard of. I suppose if it isn’t that great it’ll encourage me to drink less which would be no bad thing. 

What is the new cider then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

The Belgium beer is most Excellent

Most belgium beer is tbf. If they sold any of Jupiler, Blue Moon or Hoegaarden i'd be over the moon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuborg looks like and tastes like its been scooped out of the longdrops and mixed with purified white dog shit. Its amazing that its still a thing. 

Glasto HQ need to have a look at EOTR and let a decent craft beer company have a free run at a bar and see how it goes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

What is the new cider then?

Mallets - it's made by the same family as make Brothers.  We got a case the other day to try, it's very much in the Strongbow vein, but a bit better tasting.  It won't be my drink of the festival though, still not sure what that will be!

They do a dark fruit as well as an apple one

 

https://www.malletscider.co.uk/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Mallets - it's made by the same family as make Brothers.  We got a case the other day to try, it's very much in the Strongbow vein, but a bit better tasting.  It won't be my drink of the festival though, still not sure what that will be!

They do a dark fruit as well as an apple one

 

https://www.malletscider.co.uk/

Like strongbow????

Oh god :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Mallets - it's made by the same family as make Brothers.  We got a case the other day to try, it's very much in the Strongbow vein, but a bit better tasting.  It won't be my drink of the festival though, still not sure what that will be!

They do a dark fruit as well as an apple one

 

https://www.malletscider.co.uk/

Hmm, sounds like a taste test is in order pre-fest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two friends coming in cars. I'm just going to politely request they fill up with bags of Wyld Wood. Constantly being forced to drink Strongbow at Boomtown last year just about did me in....haven't touched in since

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some Mallets to try at the weekend. I'd say it tastes like a combination of Strongbow and Stowford Press. Drinkable for me, but definitely prefer Thatchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...