Billie Eilish

Matt42

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Used to love that venue, worked there for a short spell in the mid-00's.

Woulda loved that. Seemed to have a great siteline from the bar.

It's opening back up in June as The Forum, a venture from the Q Club owners. They've restored the original sprung dancefloor.

I was trying to remember the other day: did they sell seperate tickets for floor and balcony? Or did you just buy the one ticket and go where you could find room to stand?

2 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Woulda loved that. Seemed to have a great siteline from the bar.

It's opening back up in June as The Forum, a venture from the Q Club owners. They've restored the original sprung dancefloor.

I was trying to remember the other day: did they sell seperate tickets for floor and balcony? Or did you just buy the one ticket and go where you could find room to stand?

Yeah I was bar supervisor for about 12 months - 04/05-ish. Great job because unless it was packed or we were understaffed I rarely actually pulled any pints. I'd count the tills in and out and sort the staff out, but when the actual gigs were on I'd just stand at the side of bar smoking and watching the bands.

It was just one ticket for everything, you could stand on the balcony or go downstairs to the floor.

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not just younger crowds doing that.

Remember going to see Ian Brown at Brum Academy (the old one, opposite Toys R Us) when he had just started playing Roses songs. Came out to I Wanna Be Adored and honestly couldn’t hear a word he sang (some would argue that’s not a bad thing).

My youth was basically get off the bus, swift one in Costers then into...

Hummingbird / Carling Academy / Birmingham Ballroom

Was there another incarnation too?

On 5/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, Hutchmaster said:

Feel like we're in a minority but... yeah. Caught the first half or so of her set before Vampire Weekend and found myself pretty bored. I quite liked her album, too!

Granted I wasn't down the front with the hardcore fans, but most of the crowd around me were pretty nonplussed after the opening of her set. Like I've said before, her live set needs to meet her hype before she'll get the top slot at the Pyramid. The idea she was offered a headliner position in 2019 is laughable, but it wouldn't be eFests if Matt wasn't joining dots based purely on his own preferences!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Matt42 said:

I think she just dropped a song of the summer 

I mean, it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out that way, but this really isn’t great, is it? Thought I might’ve just been out of touch as I have been on her altogether apparently, but it doesn’t seem to have gone down too well elsewhere either. All the new stuff sounds like it’s been knocked out in an hour.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out that way, but this really isn’t great, is it? Thought I might’ve just been out of touch as I have been on her altogether apparently, but it doesn’t seem to have gone down too well elsewhere either. All the new stuff sounds like it’s been knocked out in an hour.

Sounds like Jorja smith or heavily inspired by Jorja smith 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is it called Lost Cause because she gave up halfway through writing it?

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does beg the question of what happens if this new album isn’t all that good?

We are subject to years of “I didn’t like her second album so that means she can’t headline glasto”

Analysing the themes of all the singles from this album so far they are all targeted at someone who wronged her. Happier than ever being the title might be ironic, or about how she feels better after getting all of this off her chest?

Therefore I am, your power, my future, lost cause, etc there seems to be an underlying theme of... dare I say it... abuse? I don’t know. For those who haven’t given up on her what do you think? 😂