Billie Eilish

Matt42

Been listening to the debut album and it’s great. She’s had a pretty strong debut for a 17 year old. The album has reached 1 billion listens on Spotify already!

its also a really really good album so that helps. Good on Glastonbury signing her early before she becomes a headline act.

are we thinking mid otherstage or maybe JP headline? Early pyramid? What we thinking?

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

She’s on the same row as WH headliner, so I’m guessing something of that calibre.

UNPOPULAR OPINION WARNING ⚠️ 

billie Eilish is an industry plant and her music is unoriginal. Hip hop have been doing this for kinda music for years. As soon as some white girl starts singing over it blows up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

She’s on the same row as WH headliner, so I’m guessing something of that calibre.

billie Eilish is an industry plant and her music is unoriginal. Hip hop have been doing this for kinda music for years. As soon as some white girl starts singing over it blows up. 

Haha, this is a new level of absurdity for efests.

17 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I don't know about that, but my opinion might also be unpoular which is that I just do not get the appeal of her at all. Not sure whether it's her voice or the kind of drab, whispery nature of her songs but there's just nothing there for me.

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

She’s not an industry plant mate her brother is a producer. Fun fact Billie eilish is actually a duo, her and her brother are Billie eilish and he’s an established producer.

no industry plant here, it’s just a system that has obviously worked.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

If I was booking her it would be high up on JP. I think she can easily fill the tent and give a good show. Mid afternoon on the Other doesn't really do it for me. 

Yeah I think she needs some darkness looking at her stage shows. Subbing JP would be great but I wonder if they’d want to give her more of a BBC friendly slot.

Good video here addressing the “industry plant” theory. She’s not, but she’s certainly privileged. You don’t get overnight fame and a debut album as popular as hers when you’re a 16 year old girl from California without knowing a few key contacts. 

But, so what? All she’s had is an opportunity - the music would still fall flat if nobody liked it, so privilege doesn’t necessary lead to success. Unfortunately I find her personality irritating as fuck, but no worse than any precocious teenager. Strong first album; on the Glasto itinerary.   

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

I think she’s probably the most inoffensive star out there at the moment and the kids love her. 

Also her music is not straight bubblegum pop so what is there to hate? Is anyone surprised that a 17 year old might have had a bit of a leg up to break into the industry?

probably the same type of people that are shocked at the fact that most jobs go to someone already somewhat affiliated with the company.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

She’s not an industry plant mate her brother is a producer. Fun fact Billie eilish is actually a duo, her and her brother are Billie eilish and he’s an established producer.

no industry plant here, it’s just a system that has obviously worked.

Yeah I think she needs some darkness looking at her stage shows. Subbing JP would be great but I wonder if they’d want to give her more of a BBC friendly slot.

Billie Eilish is Billie Eilish mate her brother is her producer but they aren’t a duo, Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell is her full name and her brother is called Finneas, he’s wrote a few of her songs but in no way are they a duo...

by the way I think the album is amazing and the way it’s been produced is superb, if they continue working together the way they are I have no doubt she is going to be a superstar, I’m looking forward to seeing her at glasto I’d hazard a guess early evening jp, and I expect her to draw a massive crowd

Edited by Razza_bezza

I didn't get it at all to start with, I thought it was just stoner pop for bored teenagers. But I stuck with it and listened to the album, and then it clicked... and wow did it click! She's now my number 1 must see at the festival this year. Wherever she plays it will be rammed, I just need to make sure I avoid the bass trap, that's going to be painful.

1 hour ago, Razza_bezza said:

Billie Eilish is Billie Eilish mate her brother is her producer but they aren’t a duo, Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell is her full name and her brother is called Finneas, he’s wrote a few of her songs but in no way are they a duo...

by the way I think the album is amazing and the way it’s been produced is superb, if they continue working together the way they are I have no doubt she is going to be a superstar, I’m looking forward to seeing her at glasto I’d hazard a guess early evening jp, and I expect her to draw a massive crowd

I mean isn’t that the same thing if the only two writing credits on the album are her and her brother?

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

I didn't get it at all to start with, I thought it was just stoner pop for bored teenagers. But I stuck with it and listened to the album, and then it clicked... and wow did it click! She's now my number 1 must see at the festival this year.

I'll give it another few listens, see if it clicks. Not doing anything for me yet, but I can live with not being cool with the 6th formers if it doesn't click :D

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I mean isn’t that the same thing if the only two writing credits on the album are her and her brother?

Well not really he’s her producer on this album and she’s Billie Eilish, she’ll still be Billie Eilish if she’s working with a different producer and he’s not involved the same with lots of artist that work with different producers they don’t become a duo they are the producer of their work. Beyoncé for example works with many producers on her works does that make her part of a big collective music group, no she’s Beyoncé with many producers.

thats my stand on it anyway, either way the album is superb and her brother is an excellent producer who no doubt will go on to work with many top artists 

51 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

Well not really he’s her producer on this album and she’s Billie Eilish, she’ll still be Billie Eilish if she’s working with a different producer and he’s not involved the same with lots of artist that work with different producers they don’t become a duo they are the producer of their work. Beyoncé for example works with many producers on her works does that make her part of a big collective music group, no she’s Beyoncé with many producers.

thats my stand on it anyway, either way the album is superb and her brother is an excellent producer who no doubt will go on to work with many top artists 

Yeah I see your point. I think my understanding of it was that this brother producing and Billie singing thing has been public knowledge from the start of her career and there’s no secrecy surrounding it and Billie herself has said she likes it that way. 

It just seems to be a bit more of a package deal in comparison to other singers going round the producer circuit looking for hits.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1