Billie Eilish

Matt42

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was there not also a rumour that she was playing - though I can't recall whether it was from the guy that also said Taylor and Aerosmith or whether it was from Polygon Window's caterer.

Yeah there was definitely somebody saying she was booked for this year, but I can’t remember who or if they were worth listening to about such matters.

She played Lollapalooza last year, and she's coming back to do it again (albeit in different cities, but still under the same banner).

Those dates do look intriguing, and she's had time to grow her stage act since last year.

I reckon this is an outside possibility. Unlikely, but not impossible.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

She played Lollapalooza last year, and she's coming back to do it again (albeit in different cities, but still under the same banner).

Those dates do look intriguing, and she's had time to grow her stage act since last year.

I reckon this is an outside possibility. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Not sure if it’s been announced but she’s actually rumoured to be playing Lolla US this year. So yeah she’s coming back to festivals she’s already played at.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah there was definitely somebody saying she was booked for this year, but I can’t remember who or if they were worth listening to about such matters.

The person who said that 1975 were doing Finsbury Park 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not sure if it’s been announced but she’s actually rumoured to be playing Lolla US this year. So yeah she’s coming back to festivals she’s already played at.

Just to check i'm keeping up - someone had info that 1975 were doing Finsbury Park, and also that Billie was booked for G?

If so...

Image result for chris pratt parks and rec gif

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was there not also a rumour that she was playing - though I can't recall whether it was from the guy that also said Taylor and Aerosmith or whether it was from Polygon Window's caterer

All out of upvotes but I was actually listening to Polygon Window and cackled in my (fortunately empty) office

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just to check i'm keeping up - someone had info that 1975 were doing Finsbury Park, and also that Billie was booked for G?

If so...

Image result for chris pratt parks and rec gif

I didn’t think much of it because at the time I thought there was no space on the lineup for her, now we’ve got a pyramid sub arguably wide open for the taking. Guess it should probably be taken into consideration. 

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If we can somehow locate this post. Holy crap. The Billie > Taylor is one of the strongest 1 - 2 the festival could possibly have, its also one of them when we look back on in a few years will be 'huh thats insane'

I genuinely believe she'll have another single, maybe 2 by the summer festival season/tours. I'm sure she'll have some kind of stage show too which she didn't have at Glastonbury. It'd be a very different set and atmospere with 2-3 new singles, the Bond theme and her being much bigger than she was in June. 

23 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If we can somehow locate this post.

I believe this is it, from this thread:

On 1/29/2020 at 3:06 AM, Bisque said:

No idea how he knows she is playing. Maybe if she is playing before or after or he’s seen plans of the line up.

Imo she played last year so don’t see any reason to being her back so quickly unless she’s been bumped up massively. I really don’t know, I did scrutinise him pretty deeply.

I didn’t push hard on The 1975 as he couldn’t confirm but did by being really coy etc. Maybe they were meant to play & now aren’t or it’s a secret set.

I can ask him again but I don’t like bugging people.

edit: maybe he has seen a line up or plan because he knew about Aerosmith?

Also was adamant that Billie E is on Pyramid, my train of thought says to me the above. I guess not everyone goes to Glasto every year because of how tickets are sold so repeat bookings aren’t a big deal, plus those Grammy’s she’s just won.

He also replied quickly saying that fake R&L line up was inaccurate, the one with The Japanese House on it.

Source is supposedly Beabadoobee's manager at Dirty Hit records.

Edited by kalifire

Just what I got told. He said Billie would be on Pyramid. I don’t see why he would lie, the only band he was quiet about was The 1975, but I don’t know how he would know Billie would be playing.

Please don’t go mad if she’s not, I’m just passing on what they said.

9 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I genuinely believe she'll have another single, maybe 2 by the summer festival season/tours. I'm sure she'll have some kind of stage show too which she didn't have at Glastonbury. It'd be a very different set and atmospere with 2-3 new singles, the Bond theme and her being much bigger than she was in June. 

2-3 new singles in 16 weeks when she's only really just at peak of promoting the current new release?  This seems very unlikely to me.

However, this video rocks:

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

2-3 new singles in 16 weeks when she's only really just at peak of promoting the current new release?  This seems very unlikely to me.

I said 1 -2 new singles as she's already released a new single with 'everything i wanted' and then No Time to Die, so she already has 2 new songs compared to her show last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see her release a single leading up to festivals 

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The originally large gap in her tour dates is pretty narrow now. 

I have been made excited by recent developments and I’m crossing my fingers and toes that she is set to sub Taylor this year. I guess if Lana is flying back to the U.K. specifically for Glasto this year we can’t entirely rule Billie out for doing the same.

It would make my life if she was booked for this year. Lana, Billie, Taylor in the same year is the stuff of dreams.

9CD261EC-2B0A-4C1B-B152-5BC0F6F345B7.png

Same festival Rage Against the Machine is playing, but apparently everyone overlooked the fact Billie was on the bill cause Rage was the bigger dream scenario for everyone at glasto the following week. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's just like The Beatles and The Stones man.

i.e. you can like both and people who think you have to choose one are odd.

It’s sourced from football tribalism and imported into other forms of entertainment which don’t fit it.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Clearly a swing at Natasha Bedingfield

I think These Words are her own

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s sourced from football tribalism and imported into other forms of entertainment which don’t fit it.

Tribalism started from football?

All Mods and Rockers were Millwall hooligans when there wasn't a match on? I learn something new everyday on here...

• Upvote 2