Next Announcement

Micky Padge

18 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Did we get less acts? I didn’t notice to be honest. Maybe this needs adding to the Thingy!

I believe so. There is a post somewhere detailing the difference in number between the last few poster drops.

I've a feeling last time we got 75ish and this time it was 61. My numbers might be off but I'm pretty sure it was 10+ in difference.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would throwing out another ten or so names now, especially if they were mostly more traditional bands, not show a lack of faith in the original poster?

You could look at it two ways. This being one and the other being if an artist is announced as part of a smaller "batch" they won't get lost in the sea of other acts?

This may be a slightly complicated way of looking at it but would it not make sense to have a release of further names later this week, depending on the volume of deposits paid off? So for example if they are looking at potentially tens of thousands of returned tickets when compared against previous years' statistics, then a further release of names to gee people up into paying off their balances?

All total speculation of course. 

I don't think we will get any new names until closer to the resale date now, a bit similar to 17 with individual stage announcements before the big one. They may give us a welcome surprise with the map soon though and in some ways that's better than a lineup drop for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the idea that they're going to change things up this soon based on balance payment rates is a bit unlikely. The rate would have to get problematically low for that.

Certainly they're not going to be bothered too much about say a 10% variation. They know that they can easily sell 20,000+ tickets in the resale and ultimately it doesn't make much difference whether the person attending bought the ticket in October or April. If there is a consideration, it'll be more towards the long term perception of the festival.

And yeah, I don't read anything whatsoever into the twitter polls or suchlike. Firstly because I suspect the vast majority of "I'm not paying" types don't have tickets to start with, and of those that do I suspect that either some of them fully intend to pay but just like a moan or that reality will kick in when faced with the prospect of no Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

Did we get less acts? I didn’t notice to be honest. Maybe this needs adding to the Thingy!

Yes, with this Poster-Lite precedent, maybe The Thingy (AHTT) should show how many acts were on the initial posters?

I reckon that since it was only a reduced number of names in that first poster we should be due a slew of extras soon.

Like today pls?? ☺️

2 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

This may be a slightly complicated way of looking at it but would it not make sense to have a release of further names later this week, depending on the volume of deposits paid off? So for example if they are looking at potentially tens of thousands of returned tickets when compared against previous years' statistics, then a further release of names to gee people up into paying off their balances?

All total speculation of course. 

I'm just imagining Emily's hand hovering over a giant red button to release more names if deposits aren't being paid quickly enough

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I believe so. There is a post somewhere detailing the difference in number between the last few poster drops.

I've a feeling last time we got 75ish and this time it was 61. My numbers might be off but I'm pretty sure it was 10+ in difference.

You could look at it two ways. This being one and the other being if an artist is announced as part of a smaller "batch" they won't get lost in the sea of other acts?

Maybe, I just hope they’re not going to shove a load of bands out just to appease the Lonsdales out there.

37 minutes ago, billum said:

Yes, with this Poster-Lite precedent, maybe The Thingy (AHTT) should show how many acts were on the initial posters?

I reckon that since it was only a reduced number of names in that first poster we should be due a slew of extras soon.

Like today pls?? ☺️

Oh FFS. Done.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

2014: 83 names
2015: 75
2016: 74
2017: 86
2019: 65

Prior to this they were full on posters with all the big stages/splits etc.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, incident said:

I think the idea that they're going to change things up this soon based on balance payment rates is a bit unlikely. The rate would have to get problematically low for that.

Certainly they're not going to be bothered too much about say a 10% variation. They know that they can easily sell 20,000+ tickets in the resale and ultimately it doesn't make much difference whether the person attending bought the ticket in October or April. If there is a consideration, it'll be more towards the long term perception of the festival.

And yeah, I don't read anything whatsoever into the twitter polls or suchlike. Firstly because I suspect the vast majority of "I'm not paying" types don't have tickets to start with, and of those that do I suspect that either some of them fully intend to pay but just like a moan or that reality will kick in when faced with the prospect of no Glastonbury.

It's actually in their interests for more tickets to go back into the resale as they pocket the £30 that is kept from the deposit. if 30,000 people don't pay, that's an extra £900,000 that they wouldn't have had if everyone had paid up.

3 minutes ago, duke88 said:

It's actually in their interests for more tickets to go back into the resale as they pocket the £30 that is kept from the deposit. if 30,000 people don't pay, that's an extra £900,000 that they wouldn't have had if everyone had paid up.

I was thinking this myself ... but then I thought this might go to see tickets as its an admin fee 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was thinking this myself ... but then I thought this might go to see tickets as its an admin fee 

That's a hell of an admin fee! I'd imagine See will get some of it, but surely the vast majority will go to GFL? Not sure how it all works to be honest, do they get paid a set fee for looking after the ticket process, or do they just get the booking fee we pay?

8 minutes ago, duke88 said:

That's a hell of an admin fee! I'd imagine See will get some of it, but surely the vast majority will go to GFL? Not sure how it all works to be honest, do they get paid a set fee for looking after the ticket process, or do they just get the booking fee we pay?

it depends on the contract seetickets has. in most cases the cost of selling the ticket is not included in the ticket itself - its likely that they get a rate per ticket sold or percentage of total sales, which would be paid for out of the booking fee (they have done the work after all).

I would be surprised if seetickets got all of the booking fee in payment though

I hope they don't do it until after this week then the people who didn't pay up because of moaning about a line up will be upset and Glastonbury will get some more cash for charity and lots of people who don't care about the line up have a better chance of getting tickets in the resale. 

GlastoFestFeed Retweeted

could this be next ?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:
 GlastoFestFeed Retweeted

could this be next ?

? I'm buzzing for this

I don’t buy into the idea that more acts will be announced as a ploy to encourage more folk to pay the balance. Remember the frenzy of the October sale day? After being successful then, how could you just chuck it now? Irrespective of what the line up is I can’t imagine it ever influencing me not to attend. Maybe I just love the festival so much to worry about who is headlining, subbing etc.  Just love the anticipation of the releases especially the smaller stages. 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I don’t buy into the idea that more acts will be announced as a ploy to encourage more folk to pay the balance. Remember the frenzy of the October sale day? After being successful then, how could you just chuck it now? Irrespective of what the line up is I can’t imagine it ever influencing me not to attend. Maybe I just love the festival so much to worry about who is headlining, subbing etc.  Just love the anticipation of the releases especially the smaller stages. 

And yet astonishingly, Chris, there are those who DO Chuck their tickets back on the basis of the poster. As you say, I couldn’t even contemplate/comprehend doing that having been successful in October. However, if there are people who do feel like that, maybe it’s such a good thing that there IS a resale, enabling more of our kindred spirits to pick up those golden tickets ?...

Ben