2020 headliners

jj200

2 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

MCR officially announced for MK on June 20th. Would they play Glasto? Not a fan but would be a big booking

If it’s not tagged as a uk exclusive as its rumored to be, sure. Itll announce in a few hours  by Live  Nation and theyll say so.

Edited by Suprefan

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Foo Fighters announced themselves at the NME awards in 2015 didn’t they? I wonder if Emily will announce anyone as part of her speech.

I imagine the focus will be on Emily and they will save an announcement for further down the line.

Also, since we're assuming it's Kenny and he's also (probably) doing BST, I imagine he will be announced for that first and we'll have a few weeks wait at least until he's confirmed for Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I imagine the focus will be on Emily and they will save an announcement for further down the line.

Also, since we're assuming it's Kenny and he's also (probably) doing BST, I imagine he will be announced for that first and we'll have a few weeks wait at least until he's confirmed for Glastonbury. 

Why wouldn't he be announced already?, I'd have thought time is getting on for him to be announced for both

32 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Interesting ... odds Kendrick has dropped out? 

Seems odd The S*n are saying that, like they know something and accidentally leaked... Seems unlikely and Kendrick is odds on, pretty much sealed. But that places an element of doubt, could he of pulled out - The Shite are hardly wrong with festival rumours...

On 1/19/2020 at 12:39 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yer man's on record saying that they won't be at G20.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's clearly a gaffe, not something to start stressing over.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:42 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

If the Sun thought they had a scoop they'd report it like that, not buried away in a column probably typed up by an intern.

5 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Even if Kendrick has pulled out they'd surely not go back to the Coldplay well just yet...

Would certainly be one of the easier options to go too though.  If he’s not announced for BST soon I’d start worrying a little more

18 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Seems odd The S*n are saying that, like they know something and accidentally leaked... Seems unlikely and Kendrick is odds on, pretty much sealed. But that places an element of doubt, could he of pulled out - The Shite are hardly wrong with festival rumours...

This was my thinking, they do seem to have good intel when it comes to headliners. Makes me think it's possible something has changed recently 

It's just not plausible that they would knowingly make such a small deal of it. Either it's a random guess (even placeholder), or a 'journalist' has somehow learned the final headliner from someone, not realised it was a big deal/not public and then casually printed it. 

Which is more likely? 

C'mon now folks, Emily's not gonna have gone so public with the 'male headliner who's not played before' unless everything was signed, sealed and due for delivery on Friday 26th June. Appreciate things can always change in this game but what's more likely; that Kenny has pulled out, Coldplay have already been approached and have accepted to replace and this news was accidentally broken in a throwaway bit of copy in the Sun or it's just a genuine error?

• Upvote 1