2020 headliners

jj200

I know the bbc aren’t the best source for rumours or whatever, and they’re just going off the radio 2 appearance, but they are fully expecting Macca to headline based on recent articles. The article about the sellout is almost as much about Macca as it is tickets selling out. I think people outside of efests will be thinking the same too. If Macca definitely wasn’t playing, I feel like Emily would have come out and quashed the rumour? She’s done that before.

Probably just clutching at straws.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know the bbc aren’t the best source for rumours or whatever, and they’re just going off the radio 2 appearance, but they are fully expecting Macca to headline based on recent articles. The article about the sellout is almost as much about Macca as it is tickets selling out.

Christ knows why. Macca's response was the definition of a Trump-esque non answer.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know the bbc aren’t the best source for rumours or whatever, and they’re just going off the radio 2 appearance, but they are fully expecting Macca to headline based on recent articles. The article about the sellout is almost as much about Macca as it is tickets selling out. I think people outside of efests will be thinking the same too. If Macca definitely wasn’t playing, I feel like Emily would have come out and quashed the rumour? She’s done that before.

Probably just clutching at straws.

Last year when the BBC did its annual Glastonbury Sells Out article they mentioned Macca. 3 years ago it was Daft Punk and Kraftwerk. 

55 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Personally, as a non-bitter-non-ticket-holder, I'm hoping for Celine Dion, Moby ft. Chris Martin on cymbals, and Nickleback to headline. Great mix of heritage, dance and granddad rock to please diversity demands.

Seen moby on bongos when he was supporting Robbie Williams at the Knebworth gigs in 2003. He was followed by Kelly Osbourne who was then booed off. Not something I wish to repeat

I think taylor swift, blur, macca

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, so here's a question. You're allowed three headliners:

-one has to have headlined the festival before

-one has to have played the festival, but not headlined the Pyramid before

-one has to have never played the festival before

Who do you pick?

Kanye West, Royal Blood, AC/DC

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who do you pick?

Springsteen & ESB

Phish

Pearl Jam

I know Phish are in no danger of headlining the pyramid, but tbf there aren't that many artists who have played the fest before, not headlined it and are headliner material. Maybe they're on in the Park.

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who do you pick?

- Blur

- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

- Kendrick Lamar

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who do you pick?

- Blur

- Lady Gaga

- Kate Bush

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tbf Emily might be more concerned with promoting the book than talking about headliners. The festival is already sold out and the book ain’t. Fingers crossed though for some hints though.

I’m not expecting a headliner confirmation - at best a “we’ve got a really exciting female headliner” this year at best.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not expecting a headliner confirmation - at best a “we’ve got a really exciting female headliner” this year at best.

That would do nicely, because even if it doesn't mean Tay it could mean any number of awesome acts! Definitely better than "yeah we've got a really awesome group of white lads who knock out some cracking guitar based music"

Just now, jparx said:

That would do nicely, because even if it doesn't mean Tay it could mean any number of awesome acts! Definitely better than "yeah we've got a really awesome group of white lads who knock out some cracking guitar based music"

"His name begins with a C - you should be excited"

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Lady Gaga

Yep, this is the one, can't believe I didn't think of this. For all the acts who have played but never headlined, she's undoubtedly top of the list for coming back in the top spot.

The fucking SCENES if G goes full pop at the top in 2020 and puts on The 1975, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. You love to see it.