2020 headliners

jj200

4 hours ago, matichin said:

We were in the Earache tube listening to some Korean screamo band when I needed a piss, walked out and Toots was there doing Funky Kingston. I held it and had a little dance. Happy times

That’s Wormrot, and they’re Singaporean grindcore ??? sorry, Metal pedant twat here ?? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd say Taylor and Kendrick looking pretty nailed on. But if the 2 who are booked are the 2 who have never played then the Macca bit has me worried. If its him hes obviously still in negotiations and since he was lined up for last year I cant see them all entertaining negotiations for 2 years? I mean hes worth it but something fucky is going on for sure if that's the case.

So I think it's not Macca now. I also cant see it being another American (or Americans). 

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

I'd say Taylor and Kendrick looking pretty nailed on. But if the 2 who are booked are the 2 who have never played then the Macca bit has me worried. If its him hes obviously still in negotiations and since he was lined up for last year I cant see them all entertaining negotiations for 2 years? I mean hes worth it but something fucky is going on for sure if that's the case.

So I think it's not Macca now. I also cant see it being another American (or Americans). 

He has said its possibility this year and his children want him to do it. Lot of rumours in the BBC also. I definitely think they are negotiating with him. Kendrick worries me, I really want him but dont really think theres a backbone to it personally.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Out of interest what trio would do it for you?

That is a good question. I’ve had my hopes dashed a few times already by acts being ruled out so I’m trying not to get too excited about anyone now. 

I don’t think there’s anyone left in this thread that I’d be super hyped for. I’ve always been more of a Other Stage kinda person anyway. Only ever seen two Pyramid headliners. I even avoided all of them back in 2011 which according to this thread was the greatest headliner line up we’ve had. 

I think Swift is still the only nailed on one we know, seems both headliners have been locked in for a good while. Kendrick doesn't strike me to agree something so far not knowing what else he is doing in regard to tour or making music. The Swift machine seems a more clinical who know whats years down the line.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Trio post, I am sorry but as per the emily talk thread, Jo says she nearly revealed 'the "people" headlining'

Purely suggests its singular artists. Has to be Kendrick and Swift. What a duo.

Madonna and swift 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Madonna’s way too expensive and her performance at Eurovision didn’t go down well. Why do you think she’ll play?

There have been a few people on here come on and say they've heard whispers of it. 

How accurate those whispers are remain to be seen, but there was two or three people over the course of a day earlier in the week. The suggestion was she was going to do a short set though...

Just caught up with Emily's comments. 

Was going to suggest something then seen an updated version of what was actually said, the “kind of headline size acts on the other”.

Is there any chance at all if Macca is playing... Coldplay go up on the Other against him? 

Watching this thread the past 2-3 hours at work has been great. Love when we get a bit of excitement here.

Taylor i would say is almost for sure happening and the hope of Kendrick stays alive. Also having the hopes of 1975/foals on the other stage and still at the festival means the variety for everyone is huge. Some of my group love foals, hate Kendrick, love Tay, hate 1975 and all over the place so people are super happy there's a chance for all the rumours to come true. 

• Downvote 1