2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Get Stones and Macca playing against eachother on the Pyramid and Other stage, get the rivalry going again for one night

James Arthur is playing a secret set at S.h.i.t.v at the same time though just to even the crowd out. 

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Gotta be honest, the Kendrick thing kinda baffles me. I honestly had no idea he was big enough to be considered a Pyramid headliner. I always assumed he was a 3rd down or Other headliner kind of act

When big American hip hop acts take off they tend to gravitate towards being a headliner just because of the fees they usually charge, but Kendrick has now released 3 albums that have all cropped up in the best of the decade lists and his albums chart well over here. May not have the big well known singles, but he’s definitely a headliner.

I just hope there is no Aerosmith at all. I mean, theyre just doing vegas like santana is doing now. They just want the easy paycheck. And dont they want a break after their current vegas run ends anyway?

and how is it coming to the conclusion that the 1975 wont end up as an Other Stage headliner when its a wide open race as to who the 3rd headliner will be? Would they really go with 3 headliners that are barely 30 years old and look more towards the future in that aspect and just make the 10 acts below be all older and longer tenured, be the foundation of the undercard and an homage to 50 years?

Edited by Suprefan

I saw Kendrick at our Lollapalooza back in April. Amazing set, although I think you have to know his songs to enjoy it. And make sure to be close to the stage. DNA was one of the best show openers I've seen. 

Not a show for casuals I'm afraid. If he plays, I'll be there for sure. Only a couple other artists would make me miss it.

I like Kendrick on record, but he's not particularly great live these days IMO. Saw him on the GKMC tour which was good but every time since then, it's been dull and he's basically been phoning it in.

The video from him headlining Reading is just bad. An hour long set and he seems like he can barely be arsed on most of the songs.

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

Doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. However should Kendrick play I hope you have a flipping amazing time, clearly his audience loves him.

Same for me but that’s the great thing about glastonbury, so many alternatives at the same time. He would own the pyramid and a huge number of festival goers would love to see him. Exciting that the other stage could also have a possible pyramid headliner playing at the same time. The clashfinder will be working overtime next summer! 

• Upvote 1

I saw Kendrick in Glasgow last year and, tbh, it was just OK. It wasn't helped by factors outwith his control (didn't sell out, not the greatest outdoor venue) but it was over pretty quickly and I can't say it was overly memorable. I'm sure a Pyramid headline spot would be a different situation but I'll be keeping my expectations in check. 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I saw Kendrick in Glasgow last year and, tbh, it was just OK. It wasn't helped by factors outwith his control (didn't sell out, not the greatest outdoor venue) but it was over pretty quickly and I can't say it was overly memorable. I'm sure a Pyramid headline spot would be a different situation but I'll be keeping my expectations in check. 

It's all horses for courses, I think you definitely need to know all his albums to get a lot out of it but, that said, I saw him headline Leeds last year and the show he put on (and the crowd) were amazing, I don't necessarily think he'll be the headliner but I think he definitely *could* be the headliner. 

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

When big American hip hop acts take off they tend to gravitate towards being a headliner just because of the fees they usually charge, but Kendrick has now released 3 albums that have all cropped up in the best of the decade lists and his albums chart well over here. May not have the big well known singles, but he’s definitely a headliner.

Have you seen him live?

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Crickey you're giving me flashbacks to last night.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Favourite Worst Nightmare came out 2 months before they headlined...

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Two. FWN came out a few months before and they played a good chunk of tunes off it

I stand corrected (there's no need to shout @GrumpyRaver)

Was thinking that they'd only dropped a couple of EPs but now you mention it I can remember thinking that FWN was not as good as I wanted it to be after hearing the Brianstorm EP (Cue Dizzee Rascal and his non working mic).

Did Kendrick play for longer than an hour at Coachella?

If he is hell bent on only playing for an hour maybe it would make sense to slot another biggish band before him?

69546626-7003-4F5C-8E4A-03DFEB448851.jpeg

KENDRICK LAMAR.     22:45 - 23:45

FOALS.                           20:30 - 21:45

Would be quite cool. A sub with a light show is something I think Glasto misses out on quite often.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was there something new yesterday to point to Kendrick, or is the echo chamber just getting louder?

I was wondering why you were absent the whole of yesterday.

Emily has confirmed that the two headliners that have been booked have never played at the festival before.