2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, matichin said:

Hung around to watch her set, but it really didn't do it for me, probably my least enjoyed set of the weekend, but different strokes eh?

Yes, they definitely don't have the flexibility to allow for late artists, as Toots turned up 45 mins after his set was supposed to start at West Holts in 2017. Watched his car turn up and then leave again with him looking pissed off in the back. 

In fairness his car was stuck behind a tractor that ran over and broke the leg of a lady on the railway track. That was a gutting turn of events.

3 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I think people are ruling The Strokes out prematurely. They were hugely influential not that long ago. They hardly ever play the UK and when they do they shift a lot of tickets. They still have a bit of mystique about them with how little they’ve played live over here.  Is this it in my opinion is one if the greatest albums of all time. I’d be well up for them alongside Kendrick and Swift. 

I just don’t see them dropping all that dollar on a band who haven’t been relevant in over 10 years. If they lowered their price and were really keen to do it then maybe.

2 out of 3 sounds like the vague possibility of the thurs is out too ? but whats the expansion of the pyramid arena about ? when would they likely get someone play who is likely to draw a bigger crowd than the headliners ? cant see d ross doing it ? so does that bring the thursday back into play ? im confused 

12 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Wouldn’t worry too much about acts with a propensity for turning up late to gigs at Glastonbury. Lauryn Hill got her act together this year and turned up on time and delivered a blinding set.

At least 15 minutes late, off point and looked seriously fucked off throughout... 

That was a good day for her though - over an hour late at Boomtown.

3 minutes ago, matichin said:

Holy crap, really? Didn't know that, no wonder he looked unhappy.

I was really looking forward to them too. Luckily caught their Truth stage set that night.

That is at least what I heard in the weeks after. When I heard they were on Truth stage but I'd missed that as well I was gutted! 

7 minutes ago, LGH said:

In fairness his car was stuck behind a tractor that ran over and broke the leg of a lady on the railway track. That was a gutting turn of events.

Should have got out and walked it!

1 minute ago, LGH said:

That is at least what I heard in the weeks after. When I heard they were on Truth stage but I'd missed that as well I was gutted! 

We were in the Earache tube listening to some Korean screamo band when I needed a piss, walked out and Toots was there doing Funky Kingston. I held it and had a little dance. Happy times

• Upvote 1