day and stage

eFestivals

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Good point, was just going off the fact thwy are probably electronic enough to keep that crowd happy

I was just making a bad joke but yeah, I’d have thought Placebo would be 3rd/4th down on the Other stage rather than a headliner. I think they headlined the second stage at Latitude recently so definitely don’t see them as an Other stage headliner.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was just making a bad joke but yeah, I’d have thought Placebo would be 3rd/4th down on the Other stage rather than a headliner. I think they headlined the second stage at Latitude recently so definitely don’t see them as an Other stage headliner.

Ah fair enough. Also just been listenting to their other stuff and suprised how less electronic they are. I had only heard the Kate Bush cover so had always assumed they did sad Pet Shop Boys esque songs. Suprisingly the rest of their stuff is a lot more acoustic

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Was a great joke. I'm still laughing.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, FloorFiller said:

I think it’s more likely that The Prodigy on Saturday info was wrong and Chems were always meant to have that slot.

Don’t know where Orbital fit in to all this mind, if at all.

Thinking about it, Phil/Paul said they'll be there, but they haven't been announced yet, leads (to me) to think they're doing a DJ set on something like Arcadia, etc that hasn't dropped its line-up yet. They'd fit on one of those perfectly in a DJ capacity, and it would explain why they were missing from the line-up.

They're out and about DJing a the moment (I saw one of them in Bristol in Feb).

On 4/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, kingcrawler said:

Placebo as the Sunday Other stage headliner would be a strange clash, they’re just a fake cure.

I tried embedding it but can't make the internet do what I want

http://theglossdotcom.tumblr.com/post/82290761668/were-giving-this-couple-a-round-of-applause

Edited by Kinkyinuit

On 4/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, broken monkey said:

I would see Placebo more as a Friday morning Other Stage opener personally.

Definitely more chance than headlining it lol, it seems they may be at the point where Glastonbury is worth it to them to try get some limelight again.

Sorry to link to The S*n guys, but there's an interview with Kylie in which she confirms she's got a 75 minute slot.    That's what most of us expected but some people seemed to think she'd be getting an extended legend slot.

"https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8984477/kylie-minogue-glastonbury-14-years-breast-cancer-cancel/

""I guess the difficulty is choosing which songs to put in when I’ve got 75 minutes. I might have to do a little megamix at some point.”