day and stage

eFestivals

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Self Esteem on 6 Music yesterday said she's doing 2 sets on saturday and 2 sets on sunday.

Well this is great news. Was worried she’d be caught amongst the clashes in her BBC introducing set but hopefully an earlier set on another stage will be easier to get to. Albums one of my aoty so far.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

word I hear is that George Ezra is Pyramid on Friday, but that he's playing earlier in the day and isn't the sub.

I'm guessing he'll be just before Bastille.

Does that leave another mystery sub or is it just everyone else gets bumped up a slot? 3rd down for Bastille seems a little high, but 5th down for Ezra seems low (though I guess equivilent to Miley)

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

word I hear is that George Ezra is Pyramid on Friday, but that he's playing earlier in the day and isn't the sub.

I'm guessing he'll be just before Bastille.

While I don't doubt your info - Wow. Given that he's headlining some decent sized festivals like IOW, TRNSMT, and Latitude this year, along with Boardmasters and a few others last year, that's an astonishing booking.

Can't help but wonder how the Latitude bookers feel about having 2 of their headliners playing quite far down the bill at Glastonbury.

Just now, incident said:

While I don't doubt your info - Wow. Given that he's headlining some decent sized festivals like IOW, TRNSMT, and Latitude this year, along with Boardmasters and a few others last year, that's an astonishing booking.

it might be, of course, that he wanted to play early. Perhaps he wants to spend the rest of the day getting trashed? :P 

Interesting, astounding given his record and ticket sales that he'd be anything but sub. You could argue quite convincingly he's bigger than Friday's headliner.

I wonder if they'd announce it as some sort of special set (did they do that with Katy Perry?) or if he'll get longer than you normally would at that time of day. Remember in 2010 when they made a big thing about the opening acts (Hi Rolf), maybe something like that?

Gonna go out on a limb and say that info is duff. Ezra as a sub is gonna pack out that field. Ezra any lower down the lineup with fewer big acts to compete with is gonna have the place ludicrously overpacked. Really don’t see any reason why he’d be getting a similar slot to the one he had a few years back when he’s undoubtedly a bigger deal than Stormzy is at this moment.

Gonna be one of those instances of us all debating on why he’d take a lower slot only for him to be exactly where we expected when the full poster drops imo. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say that info is duff. Ezra as a sub is gonna pack out that field. Ezra any lower down the lineup with fewer big acts to compete with is gonna have the place ludicrously overpacked. Really don’t see any reason why he’d be getting a similar slot to the one he had a few years back when he’s undoubtedly a bigger deal than Stormzy is at this moment.

Gonna be one of those instances of us all debating on why he’d take a lower slot only for him to be exactly where we expected when the full poster drops imo. 

I also suspect it's duff info but by this logic the legend slot would have been permanently cancelled for safety reasons after the Dolly and Lionel years.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's never impossible, and there's a part of me leaning that way too.

Never had wrong info from this geezer, but there's always a first time I guess. :P 

Was the info structured in such a way that it could still be Stormzy - Hill - Ezra - Bastille?

The comments from Bastille were that she was on after them, they didn't specifically say she was the next act.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Was the info structured in such a way that it could still be Stormzy - Hill - Ezra - Bastille?

The comments from Bastille were that she was on after them, they didn't specifically say she was the next act.

This is my thinking. Would make sense that he was booked ages ago in the same slot Sheeran did after his second album.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

yeah, I'm aware those Bastille words were a bit vague, so there could be other acts in there.

I'm just working from what I've heard, including what Bastille said.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

This is my thinking. Would make sense that he was booked ages ago in the same slot Sheeran did after his second album.

That Sheeran album came out days after the festival. This would be over a year after the festival, and other festivals have put him on top of the pile because of the album. It's like if Sheeran played his 2014 slot in 2015.

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Don't think I can't read between the lines here

I'm not guessing, I'm just covering all bases. :P 

Same as you I only get to find out if the info is right when the festival announces it (or not) - but I sometimes doubt Mr 100% and it turns out I shouldn't have done. 

(actually, just realised he has been wrong about something, as a band was announced for a different day to what he'd said - but I think it's likely there was a day change in the meantime).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not guessing, I'm just covering all bases. :P 

Same as you I only get to find out if the info is right when the festival announces it (or not) - but I sometimes doubt Mr 100% and it turns out I shouldn't have done. 

(actually, just realised he has been wrong about something, as a band was announced for a different day to what he'd said - but I think it's likely there was a day change in the meantime).

Where are you @adequate8