day and stage

eFestivals

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

Lauryn Hill and Jorja Smith on at the same time?! Come on fam...

Based on 2017 times Jorja Smith would actually be on after Lauryn Hill finishes.  (Just checked for TDCC)

Although.... Stormzy surely won’t get as long as Radiohead

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Based on 2017 times Jorja Smith would actually be on after Lauryn Hill finishes.  (Just checked for TDCC)

Although.... Stormzy surely won’t get as long as Radiohead

I've been going off 2016 timings, 2017 had mammoth headline sets two days running, whereas this year I can only really see The Cure playing for that long.

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

I've been going off 2016 timings, 2017 had mammoth headline sets two days running, whereas this year I can only really see The Cure playing for that long.

Damn you with your out of the box thinking! 

(Goes to look at 2016 times)

7 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I looked... it upsets me.  Back to 2017

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That Sheeran album came out days after the festival. This would be over a year after the festival, and other festivals have put him on top of the pile because of the album. It's like if Sheeran played his 2014 slot in 2015.

Didn't realise that about the Sheeran album. Maybe the booking was made ages ago and they completely underestimated his rise. Or maybe he's doing the festival a favour and dropping a slot so Lauryn Hill can play with no huge issues with the running order if she's late. He's obviously quite well in with the festival and enjoys going as a punter. Playing a slot earlier and getting an even more mahoosive crowd isn't the worst publicity.

11 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Could it be structured in a way where it's Bastille > Lauryn > Ezra > TBA > Stormzy?

And if so can the TBA be Childish Gambino?

anything is possible but I think Gambino is unlikely. I actually removed that as a rumour today (for no other reason than it was inconveniently in the way when I moved Ezra).

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not guessing, I'm just covering all bases. :P 

Same as you I only get to find out if the info is right when the festival announces it (or not) - but I sometimes doubt Mr 100% and it turns out I shouldn't have done. 

(actually, just realised he has been wrong about something, as a band was announced for a different day to what he'd said - but I think it's likely there was a day change in the meantime).

Which band was that again? Gotta maintain this 100%! 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Didn't realise that about the Sheeran album. Maybe the booking was made ages ago and they completely underestimated his rise. Or maybe he's doing the festival a favour and dropping a slot so Lauryn Hill can play with no huge issues with the running order if she's late. He's obviously quite well in with the festival and enjoys going as a punter. Playing a slot earlier and getting an even more mahoosive crowd isn't the worst publicity.

I think it's more likely that 'Ms.' Hill would demand to be no lower than a sub.

This chat around Ezra not being proud and wanting to / agreeing to play earlier seems plausible.

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I could just about see Ezra playing below Lauryn Hill to be honest, the part I'm struggling with is Bastille, a band clinging on by their fingertips with increasing futility as they threaten with every passing minute to be sucked into the collective cultural memory hole.

For comparison, Pinkpop (Netherlands) just released the schedule for this year's festival. Obviously, popularity ratings will be different as it's a different country, but the differences in placements for Ezra (fourth down), 1975 (fourth down) and Bastille (sub) are noteworthy.

Saturday main stage: Mumford - Jamiroquai - [Dutch singer] - George Ezra - [Belgium band]

Monday main stage: Fleetwood Mac - Bastille - Slash feat. MK - The 1975 - [Dutch singer]

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Not only is Lauryn Hill bigger than Ezra (are people somehow forgetting she was in The Fugees?) but a hip-hop set before Stormzy makes so much more sense. Sure, George is having a very good year but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I think George Ezra is much more popular than Lauryn Hill in 2019.