Acts Ruled Out of Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

I have zero knowledge of a festival booking process...

Does anyone know if the vast majority of bands the size of Twilight Sad would have their diary all arranged for the summer at this point? (And, as a result, the full line up for the main 5 stages all booked)? 

Would conversations have already started?

Or are there some conversations yet to start?  

16 minutes ago, Titters said:

Does anyone know if the vast majority of bands the size of Twilight Sad would have their diary all arranged for the summer at this point? (And, as a result, the full line up for the main 5 stages all booked)? 

I’d have thought that, from the festival’s point of view, the vast majority of acts on the main stages will have been booked by now. That’s not to say there’s no slots left necessarily. And obviously not all names of the acts on those stages have been released yet.

With regards the band, yes they’ll have their tour schedule for the summer arranged by now, but again, there’s no reason why other dates couldn’t be added, if possible. TTS are at Werchter on the 28th but seem free the rest of the weekend so could well be in the frame.

50 minutes ago, Titters said:

I'd have thought for a band of their size they'd be booked by now, or they're unlikely to be booked this year.

Just now, eFestivals said:

any number of bands could be booked for that vacant slot, so there's no particular reason to think it'll be one particular band

Sure, but we have a wildcard now I guess. Although it's not particularly likely to be any of the bands on this thread, we could see The Twilight Sad, or Groove Armada, or any other "we've not been asked" act pop up on the lineup? 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sure, but we have a wildcard now I guess. Although it's not particularly likely to be any of the bands on this thread, we could see The Twilight Sad, or Groove Armada, or any other "we've not been asked" act pop up on the lineup? 

anything is possible until we see the full line-up.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, gittinsell said:

A one day gap over glasto weekend.... not sure if this makes them more or less probable? I really hope they’re there! 

Edit.... IGNORE, I obviously can’t count months properly ?

37881E14-A592-4CB7-86D5-1729E898D989.jpeg

You do know it's may the shows are

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I saw PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS in Bristol last week and they definitely aren’t playing. One of the band members other half is due to have a baby and they’ve written off June. Kind of sounded like they had been asked though. Shame as they were excellent live. 

38 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I saw PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS in Bristol last week and they definitely aren’t playing. One of the band members other half is due to have a baby and they’ve written off June. Kind of sounded like they had been asked though. Shame as they were excellent live. 

Ah that’s a shame. Saw them at BBC6 fest and they were awesome so was hoping to catch them again at Glastonbury.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, Armourman said:

Groove Armada replied to message from me saying ( and I quote)  'no man we werent invited' (to Glastonbury) So I imagine they'd do it if asked! 

They responded to a post of mine asking if they had any more shows lineup up for the summer to which they replied "maybe......" make of that what you will but I'm still hoping we'll see them appear with the full band at some point over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

Been told today that Tom Grennan hasn’t been booked (which is a surprise)

A mate of mine plays in his band from time to time. Apparently he's doing smaller festivals this year - expect him to do 2020.