Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

7 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I try really really hard to not think poorly of people just because they voted a different way to me, but between this and the Brexit Party lot acting like c**ts with their flag waving stunt it's getting tougher

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/01/30/45298/brexiteer_comic_dominic_frisbys_bid_for_no1?rss

It's not the fact that i disagree with the message that makes it shit, it's the fact that it is just so shit that makes it shit

Yep I was about to post that ... it just comes across as a complete embarrassment to everyone ... No idea how that’s going to help with the impending massively almost impossible anyway trade deals he’s leaving a parliament he was barely at anyway :( 

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can we put Farage somewhere on site where he can wave his little flag all day and people can take turns kicking him in the bollocks?

Would probably need to be on a main thoroughfare as the queues would probably be pretty big.

Split the crowds by having Farage, Boris and Rees-Mogg on different thoroughfares.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That would be a nightmare clash for me 

All day Wednesday, so you're not missing anything on a main stage and can do all 3 if you wish.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You could put one on each gate so that punters can celebrate entering the festival by kicking a complete spunktrumpet in the knickers.

Now I don't usually condone violence in any form BUT I think I could make an exception.

Kudos points for use of the word spunktrumpet.  Tea choked on, cap doffed.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

I try really really hard to not think poorly of people just because they voted a different way to me, but between this and the Brexit Party lot acting like c**ts with their flag waving stunt it's getting tougher

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/01/30/45298/brexiteer_comic_dominic_frisbys_bid_for_no1?rss

It's not the fact that i disagree with the message that makes it shit, it's the fact that it is just so shit that makes it shit

Holy crap.....I thought this was a parody....but it's not!  It's actually real.....there really is some contest between this bell-end and Beethoven to get a Brexit Day No 1!

We are the laughing stock of the entire World.

The big pine-up has dropped!

For tomorrow night in Parliament Square.

Rather than the PM, revellers will get to hear from hardline Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe, Wetherspoon founder Tim Martin and right-wing shock jock Julia Hartley-Brewer.

They will be joined by Farage himself and Brexit Party chair Richard Tice.

Being Farage, £10 donation is encouraged (and there's no booze allowed).

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

The big pine-up has dropped!

For tomorrow night in Parliament Square.

Rather than the PM, revellers will get to hear from hardline Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe, Wetherspoon founder Tim Martin and right-wing shock jock Julia Hartley-Brewer.

They will be joined by Farage himself and Brexit Party chair Richard Tice.

Being Farage, £10 donation is encouraged (and there's no booze allowed).

I'm struggling to differentiate between myth and reality now......

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Impeccable timing. 

The change of Scottish mood is entirely due to Brexit!

It's not surprising they want to disassociate themselves with this shit show.

6 hours ago, stuie said:

Now it’s out of date I am changing my bollocks to Brexit t shirt for a bollocks to independence one! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

16 hours ago, stuie said:

by creating their own shit show, of bigger proportions? :blink:  Indy is brexit with knobs on.

You can take Farage's words, change 'EU' to 'UK', and they're the same argument. There's the same fact denial in the indy arguments too. 

Scotland is welcome to imitate Farage if it wants to, but it should at least be smart enough to recognise how much they're the same.

Looking on the bright side, I’m hoping that we will get easier access to Gwyneth Paltrows “This Smells Like My Vagina” candles.... and hopefully come June the on-site Co-Op is well stocked with Psychic Vampire Repellent... a must for a good deal of folk.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

by creating their own shit show, of bigger proportions? :blink:  Indy is brexit with knobs on.

You can take Farage's words, change 'EU' to 'UK', and they're the same argument. There's the same fact denial in the indy arguments too. 

Scotland is welcome to imitate Farage if it wants to, but it should at least be smart enough to recognise how much they're the same.

Correct, just like Farage, it’s all rhetoric and soundbites. Flag waving and street marches. Our health and education services have serious problems yet all they debated about yesterday was to retain the eu flag outside the parliament. Ask them serious questions about currency and the deficit and they havnt an answer. But like Farage the seperatists get a lot of the popular vote by waving the flag and blaming Westminster, exactly what Farage did when he blamed the EU.  

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Sure, but without Brexit there wouldn't be a mandate for a second indy ref. 

And as Brexit has proved, letting people decide things they don't know enough about means you end up with a hideous result.

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Correct, just like Farage, it’s all rhetoric and soundbites. Flag waving and street marches. Our health and education services have serious problems yet all they debated about yesterday was to retain the eu flag outside the parliament. Ask them serious questions about currency and the deficit and they havnt an answer. But like Farage the seperatists get a lot of the popular vote by waving the flag and blaming Westminster, exactly what Farage did when he blamed the EU.  

The problem is, in a second indy ref, you'll get the people who voted for independence the first time AND a % of people who didn't want brexit, all voting for independence.  It's only going to go one way isn't it?

It's a bit like our last election. Tory voters + others who wanted to 'get brexit done' = a massive majority for the Tories.

I am and always will be an ardent remainer. My heart really does go out to those at the bottom who think they will benefit from this. Today on BBC news interviewing old people from seriously run down towns celebrating brexit. Do they seriously think it will be them that will be protected when things get hard? The upsetting part of this is that they want to believe this stuff.

I find it funny too that on the bbc they have had countless brexit q&a’s. Also a love island themed version on this morning with itv. It’s surprising how little people know about a process they want so desperately. Surely they shouldn’t be asking their questions about what happens with brexit now?

However we’ve got to let it happen. The country has voted for it more than once. They need to get what they want even if they don’t know exactly what it is.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Matt42 said:

The country has voted for it more than once.

Don't fall for that line. The country absolutely has not voted for it more than once in any possible respect.

The election was absolutely not a referendum, and even if it had been - ~54% of people voted for parties that advocated some form of Remain.

I was born and live in Sunderland , and have had to put up with the mantle of brexit city for the last years.

A city starved of investment and what little we get is from the EU. People on hard times fell for the lies and decided the EU was to blame for our record unemployment and sadly leave won easy here.

Walking around Sunderland city centre last night and all was almost in tears of what has happened here as its a depressing sight 

Hope things are ok in the end but I'm not hopeful , I am about to be made redundant in September and wonder what Job opportunities I will have

Edited by brettredmayne

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I am and always will be an ardent remainer. My heart really does go out to those at the bottom who think they will benefit from this. Today on BBC news interviewing old people from seriously run down towns celebrating brexit. Do they seriously think it will be them that will be protected when things get hard? The upsetting part of this is that they want to believe this stuff.

I find it funny too that on the bbc they have had countless brexit q&a’s. Also a love island themed version on this morning with itv. It’s surprising how little people know about a process they want so desperately. Surely they shouldn’t be asking their questions about what happens with brexit now?

However we’ve got to let it happen. The country has voted for it more than once. They need to get what they want even if they don’t know exactly what it is.

People have been manipulated by the right wing press and xenophobic comments from Farage and co. Just look at today’s headlines in the tabloids.  As I say, rhetoric and soundbites are attractive to voters, hard facts and serious examination of the consequences of Brexit didn’t appeal to many.  We are seeing the same up here. Wave a flag and blame someone else, the easy way to attract voters. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, incident said:

Don't fall for that line. The country absolutely has not voted for it more than once in any possible respect.

The election was absolutely not a referendum, and even if it had been - ~54% of people voted for parties that advocated some form of Remain.

Honestly arguing these semantics is completely useless now. Accept defeat and protect yourself.