Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

Fundamentally for me, it's the constant dirty tricks and lying that the political right have to conduct their campaigns around in order to get elected. It's basically a scam that people fall for during each election cycle. Again and again, like clockwork. 

Edited by Peter North

20 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

She's pretty great, but a major reason for that is because our Parliament isn't split so she can pass the legislation she wants.

Our right wing party is very centre-right on the political spectrum, and would sit further left than the Democratic Party in the USA. When they were in power they legalised gay marriage and their leader was agnostic. They generally vote with the government (as Jacinda's party Labour did when the other was in power).

Our gun legislation after the March 15 tragedy this year only had one vote against it. It was David Seymour, whose party ACT only has one seat. Please watch this video and laugh at him on NZ Dancing With The Stars (the one on the left). He deserves the ridicule.

Edit: If Boris tried to hug me I would kick him in the balls.

Nice!  My daughter and son in law who live in NZ think she is great, a breath of fresh air compared to what they left here five years ago! My two grandkids are now  wee kiwis and I’m happy with the environment they are being brought up in. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

My parents are voting Tory.

I tried guys. I really did.

I nearly got my dad to go with Lib Dem as he’s against Brexit but the lack of strong opposition has swung him back to Tory.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Jesus, that's mind-boggling Matt. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Labour's stance one of "no comment"?

I feel their pain, as they can't come out with a specific position on Brexit (bad for various seats) but it doesn't help people who might want to drift away from the Conservatives. 

57 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I feel their pain, as they can't come out with a specific position on Brexit (bad for various seats) but it doesn't help people who might want to drift away from the Conservatives. 

I thought labours brexit stance was clear, present the plan for leaving along with the option to remain and let the public vote.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

My parents are voting Tory.

I tried guys. I really did.

I nearly got my dad to go with Lib Dem as he’s against Brexit but the lack of strong opposition has swung him back to Tory.

Good lad, maybe slip them some heavy sedatives or nobble their tyres in the morning. Or just give em a good hard slide tackle, two footed of the ground, goodnight Vienna 

Good luck today from Australia.

Unfortunately the majority of the population are selfish and would pull the ladder up the moment they get theirs. Add in a compliant conservative media brainwashing voters to blame the people they should be in solidarity with for every problem rather than the people who should be held accountable. It’s no coincidence that the three dumpster fires of politics in the US, UK and Australia have the biggest Murdoch influence.

I remember a time where hiding in a fridge would be the end of a candidate. Now nothing seems to matter.

• Upvote 1

Just now, EasyUserName said:

Renegotiate a deal; put it to a second ref V remain; Corbyn to remain neutral.

Just now, Bryanrebe said:

She's pretty great, but a major reason for that is because our Parliament isn't split so she can pass the legislation she wants.

Our right wing party is very centre-right on the political spectrum, and would sit further left than the Democratic Party in the USA. When they were in power they legalised gay marriage and their leader was agnostic. They generally vote with the government (as Jacinda's party Labour did when the other was in power).

Our gun legislation after the March 15 tragedy this year only had one vote against it. It was David Seymour, whose party ACT only has one seat. Please watch this video and laugh at him on NZ Dancing With The Stars (the one on the left). He deserves the ridicule.

Edit: If Boris tried to hug me I would kick him in the balls.

How is Jacinda getting on at the moment? My wife is from down there and reckons people are starting to turn on her back home (we live in London) and don't appreciate what they have..

Cheers for the vid - weirdly Jess was complaining only last night that her parents voted ACT last time. I wasn't sure what that entailed but now get the picture!

Edited by Homer

Upset stomach today ... lets hope thats the only thing round these parts thats upset .... fortunately polling station less than 1 minute walk away .... Time to get out and vote folks and change our future and that of the kids / Grandkids /neices and Nephews ... lets bring them up in Glastonbury environment not one fuelled by hatred of other humans ...

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Homer said:

How is Jacinda getting on at the moment? My wife is from down there and reckons people are starting to turn on her back home (we live in London) and don't appreciate what they have..

Cheers for the vid - weirdly Jess was complaining only last night that her parents voted ACT last time. I wasn't sure what that entailed but now get the picture!

My Grandma hates her, but she's usually a right wing voter so I guess that means she's doing well.

I'm pretty multipartisan, and I think she's doing a good job. Some of her caucus are useless but you get that with all governments.

We're really lucky in New Zealand with our politics. Fingers crossed in our referendums next year we'll get cannabis and medically assisted dying legalised!

11 hours ago, morph100 said:

I thought labours brexit stance was clear, present the plan for leaving along with the option to remain and let the public vote.

It’s not good enough for people who are sick and tired of it. Tories telling a lie that it will all be over by Christmas is what the general public want to hear.