Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

There should be an equivalent to the now widely given trainings on appropriate behaviour on the workplace but for artists. "John has told Susan he likes it when she wears a short skirt at the office, Is this OK yes/no?"-> "L***o tells her dancer she may want to eat less donuts before the start of the world tour, is this OK yes/no?"

5 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Yeah, not often i get to do a namedrop, but i met Lizzo a couple of times at the 2019 Glastonbury and i hadnt a clue who she was, and she was absolutely lovely with no need to be, i was just a knobhead on a gate asking to see her wristband. Find it quite hard to square that with these reports, but who knows 

An ego can do a lot of swelling in 4 years. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

image.png.ec86f783c6be5c310f07d8850aaf66ca.png

So no actual weight based criticism, but feelings that a comment might be about that.

Along with surreptitiously recording meetings(!).

I watched the video rebuttal by the dance manager (or whoever), accused of trying to convert everyone to her religion and gotta say...probably best to just pay out now.

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1686550192169107457?s=20

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Along with surreptitiously recording meetings(!).

I watched the video rebuttal by the dance manager (or whoever), accused of trying to convert everyone to her religion and gotta say...probably best to just pay out now.

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1686550192169107457?s=20

Seems like most of the stuff is against the dance manager and not lizzo herself

22 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Yeah, not often i get to do a namedrop, but i met Lizzo a couple of times at the 2019 Glastonbury and i hadnt a clue who she was, and she was absolutely lovely with no need to be, i was just a knobhead on a gate asking to see her wristband. Find it quite hard to square that with these reports, but who knows 

I'm sure she's not a twat all the time though and I'm sure if she was still out in quasi-public going through gates backstage, she might not let rip, plus also might just find it funny as she's meant to be the known "talent" etc. What she's like behind doors could be an entirely different kettle of fish, and even then, I'm sure she's not an arsehole all the time.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Wealthy corporate backed celebrity who became famous off the back of their industry connections treating their "lessers" like sh*t. Colour me shocked. I thought they were all down to earth and wholesome? I guess not.

Did she really come famous through industry connections? She had been trying to make it in the music industry for years with no success. 

2 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Did she really come famous through industry connections? She had been trying to make it in the music industry for years with no success. 

It seems not

At the age of 21, after the death of her father, she lived out of her car for a year as she tried to break into the music industry

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Wealthy corporate backed celebrity who became famous off the back of their industry connections treating their "lessers" like sh*t. Colour me shocked. I thought they were all down to earth and wholesome? I guess not.

Yeah this ain't true is it?

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was her show at G19 that was instrumental in breaking her in the UK, and I don't think that arose off the back of anything underhand. In fact, I know it didn't. 

Definitely. Given she first played Glasto in 2014, must be some pretty poor industry connections if they took 5 years to start getting her name out there! 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Betcha she edited that wiki page herself.

Make a massive supposition, without any evidence at all. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Another charge to the list - Wikipedia sabotage.  

Then lay it out as fact. 

The wildest of conspiracy theories begin this way…

I bet we could start something here about where she puts her flute and  within a week it’ll be in the Daily Mail…

There were signs of her being less than nice years ago, but all sorts of sanctimonious assholes (not here but elsewhere) would be quick to call you a degenerate for bringing this up or for saying anything less than praise about her music and so-called virtuous brand.

Guess who got to be vindicated in the end huh.

20 hours ago, VCK said:

Are you thinking of someone else?

20 hours ago, VCK said:

You dealt this card too early. Should have saved it for Thread Again in a couple of years.