SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2020

2 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

They had 2 bad selling days last year too - Bjork and Catfish. I bet they're surprised that Mumfords has sold so badly this year, but the money that they make from the punters (drinks, food, merch and programmes) will probably make up for the lack of money that they are making from sales.

The sponsors will bring more cash into the fest than things like merch etc and a low punter turnout decreases things like drinks, food etc but it varies depending on what they are using as a model which is either they take a percentage of sales or charge a pitch fee for the concessions sellers. Also with all of the free tickets being handed out it will put a dent into the VIP upgrades which is nice money maker for them. The profit margins are lot more thin than people realise for festivals as you have to pay for the police, utilities etc which easily runs into the millions. 

57 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

They had 2 bad selling days last year too - Bjork and Catfish. I bet they're surprised that Mumfords has sold so badly this year, but the money that they make from the punters (drinks, food, merch and programmes) will probably make up for the lack of money that they are making from sales.

Catfish and Bjork certainly weren't on the scale of BMTH and CATQ though were they? I don't remember free tickets being given out in their 1000s?

EDIT: or were they just trying to maintain the ticket's value? checked the thread from last year and no free tickets.

Edited by gfa

44 minutes ago, gfa said:

Catfish and Bjork certainly weren't on the scale of BMTH and CATQ though were they? I don't remember free tickets being given out in their 1000s?

EDIT: or were they just trying to maintain the ticket's value? checked the thread from last year and no free tickets.

No free tickets but there was a few £2.50 Bjork tickets. Think there was a reduced capacity for Catfish, but not 100% sure about that.

20 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

No free tickets but there was a few £2.50 Bjork tickets. Think there was a reduced capacity for Catfish, but not 100% sure about that.

I'm now weeping at the fact I missed seeing Bjork for £2.50 😭😭😭

38 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

I'm going for biffy/Royal blood, rudimental and paolo nutini 

Imagine how poor the sales would be for this 😂😂  Paolo Nutini as an APE headliner, really...

23 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Paolo Nutini as an APE headliner, really...

he's not been around for a few years, but ... he's a real big ticket shifter. I suspect he'd do much better than some have this year.

27 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Imagine how poor the sales would be for this 😂😂  Paolo Nutini as an APE headliner, really...

Paolo nutini is a huge draw, sell much better then Christine and queens

George Ezra in the frame as headliner I'd have thought. Vampire weekend and nine inch nails maybe as well?

Edited by zahidf

I think it needs to stay as the two weekend setup purely because it allows the free community events in the days inbetween.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

George Ezra in the frame as headliner I'd have thought. Vampire weekend and nine inch nails maybe as well?

I reckon this is true, maybe community instead but probably here.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ezra better suited to BST as he doesn't really suit APE's brand . Should be big enough for it too.

BMTH, Bjork, Mumford And Sons, The National.

What brand is that? :P

19 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

BMTH, Bjork, Mumford And Sons, The National.

What brand is that? :P

Rock (indie, folk, alternative) and electronic, I guess. Do you think people are choosing from the whole gamut of musical acts and picking out Vampire Weekend as an appropriate headline act?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Rock (indie, folk, alternative) and electronic, I guess. Do you think people are choosing from the whole gamut of musical acts and picking out Vampire Weekend as an appropriate headline act?

I think it's being based on who has had albums our recently at the moment, still a whole 12 months to go so there will be plenty more to open up 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I get why they’re getting suggested, and those type of acts do seem to be the main audience they’re going for, but I’m assuming you would have called BMTH “off brand” before this year. So they could announce literally anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ezra better suited to BST as he doesn't really suit APE's brand . Should be big enough for it too.

I was thinking that wasn't entirely sure he was big enough. Definitely as a co like national/florence this year.

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Nah I get why they’re getting suggested, and those type of acts do seem to be the main audience they’re going for, but I’m assuming you would have called BMTH “off brand” before this year. So they could announce literally anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Yes but they’re not that far off brand and it seemed to fit after their undercard was announced. Plus we’d only had one edition. I don’t think now that BMTH have appeared that “literally anyone” could headline it and it wouldn’t be weird - it seems to target a certain demographic and I don’t think they would be there en masse for George Ezra.

Besides, the guy can headline wherever else and have a decent crack stadiums so why is it worth arguing that he can play this? :P

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I was thinking that wasn't entirely sure he was big enough. Definitely as a co like national/florence this year.

Lol BST coheadliners lets not

32 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Pavement playing primavera next year, so a possibility?

Primavera Porto & Barcelona are their only two shows in 2020 apparently

That seems crazy exclusivity but for Primavera's audience it's pretty much perfect

I'd expect a hip hop (or grime) heavy day. Maybe Tyler, The Creator or Dave headlining with Flying Lotus and Badbadnotgood on the bill. Snoop as a special guest. 

19 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I'd expect a hip hop (or grime) heavy day. Maybe Tyler, The Creator or Dave headlining with Flying Lotus and Badbadnotgood on the bill. Snoop as a special guest. 

Initially, that sounds great. But with Wireless, Lovebox and that new Ends festival, doesn’t  London have enough hip hop/rap festivals?

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Initially, that sounds great. But with Wireless, Lovebox and that new Ends festival, doesn’t  London have enough hip hop/rap festivals?

Wireless sells out every year, with a proper bill theres no reason not to really - Tyler on an exclusive next year would probably do the job with decent support. I don't know if they would want to have that associated with their image though and they could get similar complaints to what Wireless gets with Finsbury Park - the no swearing stuff etc. APE has one of the best curfews in London, they need to keep it that way I think.

Edited by gfa

Weekend 1

Friday: Royal Blood, You Me At Six

Saturday: Chase & Status, The Streets

Sunday: Foals, Wolf Alice

Weekend 2

Friday: Massive Attack, Portishead

Saturday: Pulp, The Hives

Sunday: Liam Gallagher, DMA's