2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The Festival Republic Super League is set to be announced, with The Wombats, Courteeners and Two Door Cinema Club guaranteed slots at, at least one of their festivals every year.

I thought they did this five years ago anyway.

AJ Tracey, The Hunna and You Me At Six are joining as well just not to be left behind.

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Exactly this, the festival is clearly on a trajectory towards pop/rap etc but without variation and alterative offerings then there isn't much point having other acts on at the same time as the headliners. FR don't even need to push the boat out but Fever 333, While She Sleeps and The Cribs would be a right set of Pit headliners

Couldn’t have put it better. I’d be well happy with those headliners 

42 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I'd be buzzing if Architects were added but I can see them doing a secret set in the Pit if it's still a thing

Get them as a actual slot in the festival, their new album is absolute class. Many happy people if these are announced. 

15 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I am just happy we have an announcement today and I am surprised it hasn't leaked yet.

Again, couldn’t have put it better. Just wonder what time! I hope it’s not just like 5 acts more and we end up getting a good chunk and many questions answered today 

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The Festival Republic Super League is set to be announced, with The Wombats, Courteeners and Two Door Cinema Club guaranteed slots at, at least one of their festivals every year.

Why would this be something FR would do? 😂

7 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Festival Republic must have the wombats on a 5 year contract

3 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Get them as a actual slot in the festival, their new album is absolute class. Many happy people if these are announced 

Trust me I’d be buzzing if they played properly - got tickets for both their Leeds dates so may as well make it a hat trick 

8 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Album of the year for me so far, Slowthai a close second

Yeah agreed, can't stop listening to it - been a fan for a fair few years and this is my 2nd favourite album of theirs behind All our Gods but that's probably one of my favourite albums of all time so will be hard to top

As mentioned above it would be great to have Architects or While She Sleeps on the line up. Two contenders for album of the year for me. Another album of the year contender for me is This Time Next Year by Kid Kapichi, would be good to see them on the pit or FR.

While we wait for the announcement what are peoples favourite albums of the year so far? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, foolee said:

While we wait for the announcement what are peoples favourite albums of the year so far? 

The Dirty Nil is my #1 by some way. 

Architects, Tribulation, Black Country New Road, Holding Absence and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are excellent too. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

As mentioned above it would be great to have Architects or While She Sleeps on the line up. Two contenders for album of the year for me. Another album of the year contender for me is This Time Next Year by Kid Kapichi, would be good to see them on the pit or FR.

While She Sleeps album is outstanding as well - they’d be awesome 

top 5 for me so far are - 

Architects, While She Sleeps, London Grammar, The Snuts and Blackout Problems

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

You’ve named two out of my top three with Architects and WSS. 

Bob Vylan is the other.

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

Death by Rock and Roll - The Pretty Reckless is a contender for me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Dirty Nil is my #1 by some way. 

Architects, Tribulation, Black Country New Road, Holding Absence and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are excellent too. 

BC, NR are amazing.

Is it wishful thinking to hope they would pop up on the lineup?