Vampire Weekend Confirmed

stonedcircle

Is there an argument that Vampire Weekend are now "bigger" than Foals?

I'm more of a Foals fan, personally, but it seems to me that Vampire Weekend's return is much more noticeable in the media.  I've just heard their new single on Radio 1, for example.  I've barely heard a peep about Foals, I only found out they had a new song because of a thread on these boards.

If we're talking about Foals being an outside bet for headliner, where do Vampire fit it?  The obvious place feels like Other headliner, but if the hype machine is behind them, could they top the Pyramid?  Or does it just further highlight how unlikely Foals are to?

Edited by uscore

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

Is there an argument that Vampire Weekend are now "bigger" than Foals?

I'm more of a Foals fan, personally, but it seems to me that Vampire Weekend's return is much more noticeable in the media.  I've just heard their new single on Radio 1, for example.  I've barely heard a peep about Foals, I only found out they had a new song because of a thread on these boards.

If we're talking about Foals being an outside bet for headliner, where do Vampire fit it?  The obvious place feels like Other headliner, but if the hype machine is behind them, could they top the Pyramid?  Or does it just further highlight how unlikely Foals are to?

Vampire Weekend’s new stuff came out last night/this morning didn’t it? Which is why you heard them on the radio this morning.

Foals was trailed heavily this time last week and then had the majority of Annie Macs show on Monday dedicated to them.

8 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Vampire Weekend’s new stuff came out last night/this morning didn’t it? Which is why you heard them on the radio this morning.

Foals was trailed heavily this time last week and then had the majority of Annie Macs show on Monday dedicated to them.

Fair enough, it might just be my window on the world caught one but not the other.   I'll keep looking.

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Confirmed he wants to play. Just like Foals, Jean-Michel Jarre, and presumably Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.

Sadly a band saying they'd love to play is quite some distance from a confirmation. In fact that seemed like a confirmation that they're not booked, at least not yet.

His response can be taken much more as an almos self confirmation compared to Foals... Foals sounded like they where asking Emily. Ezra was like he almost had to stop himself confirming like he stopped himself. 

Im very positive about them being on now. 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Brave Sir Robin. Filling glasses half full for you since 1976. 

:)

Ben x

Ha! I'm not actually that bothered. LOVED the first album but not been too impressed since. Although I did note the very positive reports from EOTR on here, and the expanded band setup sounds interesting. I'd certainly prefer them to some of the other names being mentioned for high slots on the Pyramid.

But I am convinced they're playing after that. I've been around long enough to know a "I can't say it but yes we are" interview when I hear one. No way would he go on about it the way he did if they weren't booked (or very likely to be).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ha relatively yeah! But this one in particular. 

Good news. Never really grabbed me, still don't, but I enjoyed the few mins I saw at End of the Road before I skipped off to Oh Sees. 

"New York cobblers!" i think you called it in the past. Through laughter and an enormous plume of ciggie smoke.

Right call at EOTR, natch.

43 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Dug our their third album, first time in years, just to remind myself how much I’d like to see them again. They’ll be there I’m sure

Same. Dull and dreary morning in Liverpool so I've stuck Modern Vampires of The City on in the office. I'll have that Friday feeling in no time!

I found his interview interesting about how they'd played Glastonbury three times but never understood the magic until he did it as a punter, then found it life changing.

Shows that no matter how we all love the place, think bands are dying to play there and are happy to do so for 20 Woodbine and a packet of crisps, to most acts it's just another gig.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I found his interview interesting about how they'd played Glastonbury three times but never understood the magic until he did it as a punter, then found it life changing.

Shows that no matter how we all love the place, think bands are dying to play there and are happy to do so for 20 Woodbine and a packet of crisps, to most acts it's just another gig.

Yeah saw a recent interview with Roger Waters and Glastonbury came up - "I played it once.... I think?.."*glances inquisitively behind camera at manager for confirmation*.