Emily interview

dccool

16 minutes ago, rostro said:

Did she suggest that the tipis will be moving and that there will be a new area where they were? 

Need to listen back, but Emily mentioned the new park 'thing' was at/near the tipis and the bbc studio area, while Lauren later mentioned it was where the flags are? There is a lot of empty grass around there.

Help me out with the logic here, with 90% booked they could announce a lot of acts.

Most other festivals have already announced a major part of their line-up.

So, is it that they want us, specifically Glastonbury attendees, to shell out for the gigs of artists we'll already see in June?

It's not as if extra tickets will be sold, we're all committed. I don't understand why they want us to pay twice?

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Help me out with the logic here, with 90% booked they could announce a lot of acts.

So, is it that they want us, specifically Glastonbury attendees, to shell out for the gigs of artists we'll already see in June?

It's not as if extra tickets will be sold, we're all committed. I don't understand why they want us to pay twice?

The acts want you to buy tickets for their own gig rather than just see them at Glastonbury, yeah. I imagine that sweetens the deal of them playing for, as Emily mentioned in the interview, less money than other festivals would pay.

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Glastonbury gets the acts cheaper, and part of the trade-off for that is not announcing the acts early so they're able to sell tickets for other shows.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Although the fact that J-Monae has only gone one notch up the line-up in 8 years suggests a career path that's not exactly going stratospheric.

If people don't want their wigs snatched then that's their perogative, but it doesn't mean she isn't the queen.

• Upvote 3