Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

34 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Got The Streets Brixton setlist on Spotify this afternoon.

Really hope this one comes through because I'm buzzing for it already.

They were awesome at Leeds Academy last year, just not an Other headliner for me. 

Hope they come through for all that want them, but I'll most likely be elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

They were awesome at Leeds Academy last year, just not an Other headliner for me. 

Hope they come through for all that want them, but I'll most likely be elsewhere. 

It's not my favourite stage during the day but I feel like it could be a proper 'moment' if it comes off / the crowd are up for it / Mike delivers.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It's not my favourite stage during the day but I feel like it could be a proper 'moment' if it comes off / the crowd are up for it / Mike delivers.

That’s why I think they need to headline rather than a sub spot on the pyramid that will just get talked through

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I would have said Christine & the Queens but I don't think she can play on the Friday. Not really many other obvious choices, I don't think she's big enough but maybe Robyn?

Hmm I hadn’t tbought about the days but if CB’s are Sat/Sun and The Streets probably won’t be against Stormzy, this probably banjaxes Cardi B and as CG points out, Lauryn Hill.

Solange could maybe do it. Robyn would be a belter. Tricky though - now it seems we’re looking at all-male Pyramid heads and we heard about Wolf Alice being offered totem I think that might be a thing...

Can’t see Robyn as a Other headliner at all - she’d get a pitifully small crowd I imagine, and WH/JP would be rammed that night. 

Wolf Alice in that slot struck me more likely as a rock alternative rather than because they’re female fronted, so if they’re not doing it I still think it’ll be another guitar act. 

Although I suppose the only guitar act up against Kanye was Suede in the JP so maybe it’ll just be Interpol or somebody as the guitar fix that night.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't see Solange as an Other Headliner.  Hasn't exactly  caused stampedes the last couple of times.

Robyn's maybe more likely. 

In the Lorde slot.

Yeah. Tbf now we’ve put our heads together and those are the acts that come back, I think they’d have just sacked that idea off and rang up Tame Impala via D’Angelo..

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t see Robyn as a Other headliner at all - she’d get a pitifully small crowd I imagine, and WH/JP would be rammed that night. 

Wolf Alice in that slot struck me more likely as a rock alternative rather than because they’re female fronted, so if they’re not doing it I still think it’ll be another guitar act. 

Although I suppose the only guitar act up against Kanye was Suede in the JP so maybe it’ll just be Interpol or somebody as the guitar fix that night.

Yeah but there are bigger rock bands than Wolf Alice who’d have got the call first, right?

Just a theory anyway. As you can see, not one I’m pushing too hard.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Agreed. The Other stage gets a lot of stick - and it is a bit crap during the day, but oh my, I've seen some great headline sets there 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Agreed. The Other stage gets a lot of stick - and it is a bit crap during the day, but oh my, I've seen some great headline sets there 

Yup, agree on both points. I think the Other just lacks the bit of personality the other main areas have. It's just a bit bog-standard-festival which, relatively speaking, makes it looks crappy alongside the likes of West Holts and The Park. But I've had some great times there when the acts nail it. LCD being the obvious one.

13 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm a big fan of hers, but can't see Dua Lipa headlining the Other, despite her fantastic JP performance last time out. Could see her subbing though. 

She’s big enough to do it. But she’s also a massive mainstream act whose natural home would be the Pyramid, and putting her against any Pyramid headliner would probably be splitting her crowd somewhat.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She’s big enough to do it. But she’s also a massive mainstream act whose natural home would be the Pyramid, and putting her against any Pyramid headliner would probably be splitting her crowd somewhat.

Yeah good point I hadn't actually considered her for a daytime Pyramid slot

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't see Solange as an Other Headliner.  Hasn't exactly  caused stampedes the last couple of times.

Robyn's maybe more likely. 

In the Lorde slot.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think Robyn's a bit bigger than estimated but I personally wouldnt want to see her on the other because I dont like it there. Seems like shed be a better fit in JP