The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

22 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the GFS 12Z.

High pressure: Pressure building to a high on Wednesday. The low pressure is now further out east and does NOT encroach on the UK as much.

Precipitation: Little bit showing for this Thursday, then essentially dry through to this Sunday at 3pm when there is a small amount around but far less than on previous runs. Some rain on Monday but still the potential for a heavy overnight downpour into Tuesday. Tuesday day now esentially dry - brilliant for drying and the ground should recover really well. Now NO proper rain around on the Wednesday, with London getting the heavy stuff. Same on Thursday, with the proper rain out to the east.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday now TOTALLY dry.

image.thumb.png.aa4fe67e547bce890f666255f6e2d4c3.png

Temperatures: This Saturday 18-19 and Sunday 19-20 - ground will be solid again. Monday 24-25, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23, Friday 20-21, Saturday 20-21, Sunday 21-22

So this updates has LESS rain.

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

Can I say this is brilliant update?

Only if you refrain from bold and large font. ?

28 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the GFS 12Z.

High pressure: Pressure building to a high on Wednesday. The low pressure is now further out east and does NOT encroach on the UK as much.

Precipitation: Little bit showing for this Thursday, then essentially dry through to this Sunday at 3pm when there is a small amount around but far less than on previous runs. Some rain on Monday but still the potential for a heavy overnight downpour into Tuesday. Tuesday day now esentially dry - brilliant for drying and the ground should recover really well. Now NO proper rain around on the Wednesday, with London getting the heavy stuff. Same on Thursday, with the proper rain out to the east.

Temperatures: This Saturday 18-19 and Sunday 19-20 - ground will be solid again. Monday 24-25, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23, Friday 20-21, Saturday 20-21, Sunday 21-22

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

Sexy 

3 hours ago, LSTx said:

Not weather related but something I found funny.. bored browsing at work and stumbled across this pic from Glasto in 1990, whats going on here? ??

1488709657_main stage 1990.jpg

Circus Archaos. They were juggling fire and riding motorbikes over the Pyramid. Was awesome in the dark 

Things were a tad different then 

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I really wouldnt want to work on the recycling team in other sorts of boots  - I know they are waterproof but I dont want to be wearing anything that I have to touch to get off - i.e. anything with laces etc. 

Should of clarified. Don't wellies as in there will no need for wellies. 

Unless of course they needed for purposes over then the rains 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Here's the GFS 12Z.

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

That’s enough, I’ll have THAT one!

1 hour ago, JGP said:

1385833372_Screenshot2019-06-19at18_44_29.thumb.png.498973a556fab7438139fa10d0953840.pngLooks bloody horrendous

The BBC will put a rain cloud on if it’s going to rain for five minutes in 24. They’re doom mongers with this as much as anything else they report