The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We’ve reached peak weather twattery.. when new posts are added at a quicker pace than you can read existing ones.

The state of the ground thread told me the weather thread is getting hardcore. I haven’t a clue what’s going on anywhere anymore 

From netweather... 

Scorcher     2,036

Yes it could be argued that this latest GFS run is the best for some time overall...okay it might not be quite as hot as the 06z was but there is no sign of things turning a lot cooler on this run at all- things become hot for a time but then stay warm/very warm right into next weekend. This is a dream run compared to what we've had for much of June so far.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

From netweather... 

Scorcher     2,036

Yes it could be argued that this latest GFS run is the best for some time overall...okay it might not be quite as hot as the 06z was but there is no sign of things turning a lot cooler on this run at all- things become hot for a time but then stay warm/very warm right into next weekend. This is a dream run compared to what we've had for much of June so far.

Stick with no more nails 

Quick summary of latest run - basically a halfway house between the two Met Office models in that video:

- Still nicely warm but heat doesn't come as far north out of France

- Low pressure stays out in Atlantic over festival weekend

- This shows a few heavy rain bullets to dodge Tues next week (Northern France has some major rain and there's some bad stuff going through Somerset) but then a much drier festival - all Sunday rain gone on this run

In short - really positive.

Next one will turn it all back to shit obviously but let's be happy while we have our tea tonight anyway. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

Here's the GFS 12Z.

High pressure: Pressure building to a high on Wednesday. The low pressure is now further out east and does NOT encroach on the UK as much.

Precipitation: Little bit showing for this Thursday, then essentially dry through to this Sunday at 3pm when there is a small amount around but far less than on previous runs. Some rain on Monday but still the potential for a heavy overnight downpour into Tuesday. Tuesday day now esentially dry - brilliant for drying and the ground should recover really well. Now NO proper rain around on the Wednesday, with London getting the heavy stuff. Same on Thursday, with the proper rain out to the east.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday now TOTALLY dry.

image.thumb.png.aa4fe67e547bce890f666255f6e2d4c3.png

Temperatures: This Saturday 18-19 and Sunday 19-20 - ground will be solid again. Monday 24-25, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23, Friday 20-21, Saturday 20-21, Sunday 21-22

So this updates has LESS rain.

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

Can I say this is brilliant update?

• Upvote 13

I've closed with this tab rolling my eyes muttering pointless checking at this point around 10 times a day for a week now. It's a bit like the headliners thread, I'm getting no inside info or any closer to an answer than anyone not checking, just winding myself up ahah.

Latest forecast from BBC 6pm news...weather improving for rest of week. Warm, sunny weekend up to 25C. Weather breaking down late Sunday as cold front and rain pushes in from west. Helen Willets put a big raincloud right over the site!