My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

If you have a Mac, check out the autofill word changer thing. It's where you can set it so a word changes into another set of characters. It only works on Safari but is helpful if you set your reg numbers to "reg1", "reg2"... so when you type that the characters are added, faster than C+P.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Can you still use the back button once you have got tickets to get back to the booking screen again - and if so is it pressing it 2 or 3 times?

Almost certainly no....once you've booked tickets your session is closed at the server and you're back to square one and need a new session to book again.

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Is this definitely the case? One less thing to worry about if so!

Mmm....possibly....although I wouldn't risk it.  A booking session gives you 10 minutes to complete the transaction so in theory you could refresh and maintain the same session.....I think would be cautious though and use back/resubmit instead.

14 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If entering 5 extra registrations is the difference between one person getting a ticket and nobody getting a ticket, then you’re not going to get the chance to go back in and book for your mates are you?

If you get through after say 10 minutes it’s pretty safe to say you’ve got plenty of time to get your friends tickets as well. If you get through after about 30 minutes then if you decide to only get yours you’re basically going on your own.

It would be an odd decision either way if you ask me.

This suggests that the only thing standing in the way of you getting tickets is how much time you have left though - there's no guarantee at all that you'll get back in again, unless you're referring to the much feted back button trick.

I'm only buying in a two now but I would have hated to go without my my mates when I was in a big group!

Edit:ignore the above, I misunderstood your post...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Deffo notepad or something that doesn't put an extra space at the end of your details.

Yes - have credit card details ready to copy/paste - remember that those tickets are not yours until you've paid. So once on payment page, don't relax, your tickets can still go away.

As many different connections as possible - phone, pc - also, if possible be in pairs or at so that if one of you gets through you've got someone over your shoulder saying "you've put the postcode in the reg box" or similar!!!

14 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Why? Is it better in some way? Or can word add characters that screw up the reg numbers etc. 

I find excel easier to use generally but also if you are copying and pasting you can just click on the cell rather than highlighting what you want to copy & it's easier to move about the cells 

Each to their own maybe 

15 hours ago, Eks101 said:

Really? Always found that hard part actually getting to the order screen - never actually lost a slot here (although last year it did seem to hang during processing so had to refresh a few times).  Don't think I'd have the balls to tell my mates I got to the magic screen but only bagged my own ticket....

It's like students going into bars and all ordering the same drink individually..... GET A ROUND god damn it!! Dont be THAT guy! haha 

For the coach sale I'll be on my phone only way home from work, so far I have managed to bag tickets on Platform 3 Redhill station and sat Gatwick Airport station. Convinced my car driving friends to go for it too this year so am trying for 6 people this year. Not sure what to use for cut and paste on an iPhone 7 screen so will be doing the whole thing manually if I can stop my hand from shaking to much if I am lucky enough to get through.

17 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Is this definitely the case? One less thing to worry about if so!

If you goto https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/, which will be the link to the ticket page and hammer F5 it'll take you to the holding page. 

Glastonbury Festival

We are currently processing the maximum possible number of deposits per second. Due to the volume of people attempting to book you will be held at this page until there is a free space on the booking site. As soon as one transaction is completed another person will be allowed on to book, until the available tickets sell out.

I guess they did this to combat everyone using an auto refresher on multiple tabs to hammer the server.

It used to be possible to open as many incognito tabs as you could, set an auto refresher on 0.1 second and get through to the ticket page in no time. 

Using multiple tabs now just counts as the same session, even if they're incognito. 

Over the past few years they've made it a lot harder to find tricks to get tickets. Its much more of a lottery. 

5 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

For the coach sale I'll be on my phone only way home from work, so far I have managed to bag tickets on Platform 3 Redhill station and sat Gatwick Airport station. Convinced my car driving friends to go for it too this year so am trying for 6 people this year. Not sure what to use for cut and paste on an iPhone 7 screen so will be doing the whole thing manually if I can stop my hand from shaking to much if I am lucky enough to get through.

A friendly geezer in another thread let me know you can set up short cut links for each reg number so you just have to type r1, r2, r3 and so on

Well easy, see the link below 

https://m.imore.com/how-use-text-shortcuts-iphone-and-ipad

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, djcolsen said:

A friendly geezer in another thread let me know you can set up short cut links for each reg number so you just have to type r1, r2, r3 and so on

Well easy, see the link below 

https://m.imore.com/how-use-text-shortcuts-iphone-and-ipad

Ta! That is now bookmarked and set for study later!

• Like 1