My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

5 minutes ago, StuckInTheMud said:

My groups tips / rules.. 

- WhatsApp group with a mandatory 20 min check in before ticket release.  Photo check in confirming everything’s set up and ready to go. No check in = no ticket. Group to go silent 5 mins before ticket release and nothing gets said until tickets bought or sold out.  

- Shared spreadsheet with everyones details. 

- IPhone  keyboard shout cuts.

- IPad tethered to second laptop to split IP 

- no distractions: door closed, no drinks, no music, nothing but F5. 

- Disable windows updates two days before. Don’t want any mandatory restarts during the golden hour. 

Good advice, much as per our organisation, but I will be requesting the WhatsApp silence rule as previous years we’ve had the continuous ‘I can’t get through...’ messages when not controlled properly 

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Good advice, much as per our organisation, but I will be requesting the WhatsApp silence rule as previous years we’ve had the continuous ‘I can’t get through...’ messages when not controlled properly 

It’s the best way mate, no distractions and once you get that  message it means one way or the other, it’s over! 

17 hours ago, UEF said:

The group members not registered by now will also be the ones barely lifting a finger on ticket day. 

Had a pretty worrying exchange with one of my best friends yesterday (who has been before, but usually gets snuck in by a mutual friend who works on security)... She sent me two mug shots of her and her bf, asking if they would be ok for registration photos. Obviously I was thinking, why have you not done this already??? And then this exchange happened:

Me: Yes, they look good. Do it today!

Friend: Deadline is ten days away

Me: (mini freak out) It can't be. The coach sale is in 8 days.

Friend: Lol. It's the 5th. 7 days. 

Me: Coach sale is the 4th (also, the 5th is more than 7 days away but I didn't even get in to that)

Friend: 3rd then

She was literally just saying random days to me by the end! However, aside from the fact that this does worry me about her commitment to T-Day, it does give me a little glimmer of hope that a lot of people who claim to be really keen to go this year aren't really and thus will somehow fuck it up :)

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

However, aside from the fact that this does worry me about her commitment to T-Day, it does give me a little glimmer of hope that a lot of people who claim to be really keen to go this year aren't really and thus will somehow fuck it up :)

This is the bit I always cling to.  A lot of bucket listers won't get it because the lack the force of will required.

Unfortunately many of them also have dedicated friends who enable this lackadaisical approach and get their tickets for them!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm does anyone know if different people can share the same email address on their registration????

Yeah, you can. You can have loads of people registered at the same email address. I had 5 or 6, I think

Needs some thoughts and advise... 

I have 7 trying for 7 tickets next week - obviously this needs to be done in 2 groups... how would you split the group?  I am thinking 4 and a 3 and obviously if one gets through they then start for the other group... does this seem sensible? 

#ticketdaypanic

6 minutes ago, MrsT10 said:

I have 7 trying for 7 tickets next week - obviously this needs to be done in 2 groups... how would you split the group?  I am thinking 4 and a 3 and obviously if one gets through they then start for the other group... does this seem sensible? 

#ticketdaypanic

Although it means one person could be very unlucky, you could ensure more people get to go by pre-agreeing that each person (when getting through) leaves a certain different person out - Person 1 tries for 1,2,3,4,5,6, Person 2 tries for 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc. And then of course everyone tries for that final person after. Might be better than 2-3 people needlessly (potentially) missing out. 

In-group relationships could scupper this of course (if there's one person who clearly links the group for example), but it's worth considering.

Edited by The Martini Police

9 minutes ago, MrsT10 said:

#ticketdaypanic

I'd say 4 and a 3 or.. do some digging and try find some people who are in 2's/3's or whatever to make up the numbers. Even if it's a friend of a friend or people off here. 

We've ended up with 6 groups but one or 2 were short, we've turned that into 6 groups of 6 now with a bit of digging

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Although it means one person could be very unlucky, you could ensure more people get to go by pre-agreeing that each person (when getting through) leaves a certain different person out - Person 1 tries for 1,2,3,4,5,6, Person 2 tries for 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc. And then of course everyone tries for that final person after. Might be better than 2-3 people needlessly (potentially) missing out. 

In-group relationships could scupper this of course (if there's one person who clearly links the group for example), but it's worth considering.

thanks for that - something to consider... 

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I'd say 4 and a 3 or.. do some digging and try find some people who are in 2's/3's or whatever to make up the numbers. Even if it's a friend of a friend or people off here. 

We've ended up with 6 groups but one or 2 were short, we've turned that into 6 groups of 6 now with a bit of digging

Been asking around locally but no one seems to be going for it this year (which is good!! haha!!) is there a group set up for people helping each other do you know?

1 minute ago, MrsT10 said:

Been asking around locally but no one seems to be going for it this year (which is good!! haha!!) is there a group set up for people helping each other do you know?

1 minute ago, MrsT10 said:

I just started a thread and sorted it within half an hour or so as we only had 2 of us ..just be careful with card details etc but I'm sure you dont need to be told that :)

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just started a thread and sorted it within half an hour or so as we only had 2 of us ..just be careful with card details etc but I'm sure you dont need to be told that :)

Having a look at the spreadsheet... if we re-jig it we will have 2 spaces if you know of any you trust to add to our group.

15 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Having a look at the spreadsheet... if we re-jig it we will have 2 spaces if you know of any you trust to add to our group.

I don't currently ... my issue this year has been people not being organised despite me asking several times so I've decided to go ahead and be organised for myself and a friend who always go ... the rest can organise themselves should they decide to go last minute 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don't currently ... my issue this year has been people not being organised despite me asking several times so I've decided to go ahead and be organised for myself and a friend who always go ... the rest can organise themselves should they decide to go last minute 

Don't blame you.... I've organised every one this year including registering most of the newbies. I wont be doing it again.