Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

For me : Twenty-one Pilots, The Hive, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Panic at the Disco, Sum 41, Death Cab For Cutie, Cake, Mushroomhead, Bright Eyes, Staind,... 

Blimey :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Just a fake posted to reddit.

 

That undercard (minus some names) would be something for Primavera and APE imo, not really RW. Nonetheless, I like it (loads of new-ish names that I've been listening to in the past week).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

That undercard (minus some names) would be something for Primavera and APE imo, not really RW. Nonetheless, I like it (loads of new-ish names that I've been listening to in the past week).

The undercard is exactly the direction I'd like them to go. 

Not really feeling the four big headliners here though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Just a fake posted to reddit.

What /r is this been posted to, cuz I made that haha

Coldplay - M&S - Muse are my most safe bets right now. Metallica is gonna do a stadium tour but I thought they could do Werchter instead of King Baudouin. I'm also fairly certain about Tame Impala coming back and the first time in like what 10 years? for Tool. If they're coming back to Belgium, they're not gonna give them away to GMM. My reasoning behind cashcow Editors was that they might come back if they can't secure a good big name + they got a new album out this year + it's been a "while" (2016) lol.

Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, Twenty One Pilots (not as HLer), Florence + The Machine and Rammstein are also on the list I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate I'm British so it's hard to know how band placements translate across sometimes, and it's not the most diverse line-up ever but.

Muse
Foals
Bring Me The Horizon

The Smashing Pumpkins
Biffy Clyro
Weezer

The Cure
Editors
Death Cab For Cutie

Fleetwood Mac
Tame Impala
The 1975

Edited by BlackFoxx
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

The Smashing Pumpkins
Biffy Clyro
Weezer

In terms of headliners I reckon this would be a bit too weak for RW, something like Coldplay, Florence or major dance act should be above this. Other days not bad at all, although I don't see Fleetwood Mac happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Thursday muse

Friday foals

Saturday Mumford and sons

Sunday Biffy cyrlo

No chance Foals or Biffy Clyro would headline outright this festival, Foals could be sub but for strong headliner, and I am not sure Biffy could even sub at this point.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StupidDream said:

In terms of headliners I reckon this would be a bit too weak for RW, something like Coldplay, Florence or major dance act should be above this. Other days not bad at all, although I don't see Fleetwood Mac happening.

Did think that it looked a bit weak as a one off day but balanced out maybe by the rest of the weekend. Good candidate for a dance closer act on that day though for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Did think that it looked a bit weak as a one off day but balanced out maybe by the rest of the weekend. Good candidate for a dance closer act on that day though for sure.

With all their new singles (and upcoming album?), do you think Disclosure might be one of those closing dance act, even if they were there back in 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so good to have the announcements season back... I felt a real lack these last 3 weeks after my last summer festival. Now the excitement for 2019 starts! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lighthouse said:

The Cure Is playing Italy 2 before RW and Greece after RW. 

Things are looking good for Werchter. :-) 

Would make me return to werchter that’s for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my friends and I are looking at going to RW for the first time this year, was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help out with some questions?

1 - When do tickets usually go on sale? 

2 - Roughly when is the line-up usually announced? Or is it staggered like Reading and Leeds?

3 - Has anyone here got the coach inclusive ticket from Victoria before and if so is that the best way of getting there (from London) or is there a more convenient alternative?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hucksy47 said:

3 - Has anyone here got the coach inclusive ticket from Victoria before and if so is that the best way of getting there (from London) or is there a more convenient alternative?

Done the Eurostar the past couple of years - book early and it's around £70 return.

Really easy and quick. Although the cheap returns mean you get back late Monday.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Done the Eurostar the past couple of years - book early and it's around £70 return.

Really easy and quick. Although the cheap returns mean you get back late Monday.

Oh nice one! Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres some wildly ill informed guesses

THE PRODIGY - MUSE - Liam Gallagher - Nothing But Thieves - Bring Me The Horizon - De Staat - Marmozets 

EDITORS - MUMFORD & SONS - Mac Demarco - Manchester Orchestra - Foals - Vintage Trouble - The Big Moon

EMINEM - Twenty One Pilots - Run The Jewels - Mike Shinoda -  Gogol Bordello - Slaves - Japandroids

THE CURE - The 1975 - Kensington - Biffy Clyro - Courtney Barnett - Seasick Steve - Shame

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McCallion said:

Heres some wildly ill informed guesses

THE PRODIGY - MUSE - Liam Gallagher - Nothing But Thieves - Bring Me The Horizon - De Staat - Marmozets 

EDITORS - MUMFORD & SONS - Mac Demarco - Manchester Orchestra - Foals - Vintage Trouble - The Big Moon

EMINEM - Twenty One Pilots - Run The Jewels - Mike Shinoda -  Gogol Bordello - Slaves - Japandroids

THE CURE - The 1975 - Kensington - Biffy Clyro - Courtney Barnett - Seasick Steve - Shame

Would buy the last two days immediately - but this is not so *Rock* Werchter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...