40 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

What are the chances of Fleetwood Mac being one of the headliners?

They have a very long and big USA tour that started this month and will end in April. I don't think they will do a European festival tours after that but with Glastonbury coming back this year, everything is possible.

11 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

I think that they brought the sale date earlier this year since they wanted to have their general sale closer to Glastonbury's. Rock Werchter is on the same weekend with Glastonbury. Glastonbury just had its general sale this weekend and it got sold out in 37 minutes. They will probably share a headliner as well.

Good point that. They could have done a short advertising campaign this week to point out it's same weekend and suggest themselves as a viable alternative. My first visit to RW was after failing to get Glastonbury tickets. Ended up going 3 years in a row.

17 hours ago, thetime said:

There’s usually 3 out of the 4 headliners at least before tickets go on sale if I remember correctly. So I expect at least another headliner this week and next week before tickets go on sale end of October. 

Ahh fair enough, I couldn’t find the 2018 site to clarify but we waited until a few headliners were out anyway last year so maybe didn’t notice. 

Sad to not be making it three in a row after I was lucky in the Glastonbury sale, will definitely be returning at some point though. Hope you guys get a good line up!

12 hours ago, Red Day said:

Good point that. They could have done a short advertising campaign this week to point out it's same weekend and suggest themselves as a viable alternative. My first visit to RW was after failing to get Glastonbury tickets. Ended up going 3 years in a row.

I wonder if there is a few who attended for that reason. It was also the reason I started going, my daughter's birthday pretty much always fell on glastonbury weekend (although not next year). So That is how I started doing werchter, not been back to glastonbury since 2008 and can't see me returning there.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I wonder if there is a few who attended for that reason. It was also the reason I started going, my daughter's birthday pretty much always fell on glastonbury weekend (although not next year). So That is how I started doing werchter, not been back to glastonbury since 2008 and can't see me returning there.

2008 was the only year in a decent run of going to Glastonbury that I didn’t bother. Went to Reading that year instead. Doubt I’ll ever get lucky in the sale again. People seem to have it on a bucket list these days. I’m doing NOS again next year

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Just so you know, you were one of the guys here that made me intrigued by Glastonbury 3 years ago. It's my priority since then. ?

4 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Do someone remember when accomodations in The Hive Resort sold out last year (or the years before)? 

It's been varied depending on what you're after. We had tipis in 16 and 17. I'd book what you want as quickly as possible. Hive resort is brilliant although hive camping is the best general camping I've been in at a festival 

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

The Cure ?

No no they play already in Florence and others two cities in Italy. 

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

It's been varied depending on what you're after. We had tipis in 16 and 17. I'd book what you want as quickly as possible. Hive resort is brilliant although hive camping is the best general camping I've been in at a festival 

Ok thanks, I've been in the Resort in '16 and it was superbe, this year we'd like to have one of the accomodations but obviously there are few of the group that prefer to wait... 

Edited by alan_ts

I've secured Glasto Tix so I won't be making RW for the third year in a row. It actually makes me quite sad :( 

I hope you guys get a good load of announcements, I'm already jealous that I may miss out on The Cure. 

I've had lots of fun in the previous RW threads, so I might come in to say hi every now and then :)  (and get jealous of announcements)

Good luck lads

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I've secured Glasto Tix so I won't be making RW for the third year in a row. It actually makes me quite sad :( 

I hope you guys get a good load of announcements, I'm already jealous that I may miss out on The Cure. 

I've had lots of fun in the previous RW threads, so I might come in to say hi every now and then :)  (and get jealous of announcements)

Good luck lads

I'll bring four cans of Jupiler with me and we can drink them in John Peel pretending it's the Barn ?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, neacaisa said:

100% sure we will have a new band in the morning. muse, maybe? 

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Im going with Munford 

1 hour ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I'm going for Coldplay (on thursday)

It's like one of those "How would you rather die?" polls.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7