Wassup forums, me and a load of mates, having missed out on 2018, are thinking of going to the 2019 festival. 

Wondering who all of you beautiful people think headliners/ other significant bands/acts/whatever will be.

many thanks, appreciate any responses!

43 minutes ago, C14S said:

Wassup forums, me and a load of mates, having missed out on 2018, are thinking of going to the 2019 festival. 

Wondering who all of you beautiful people think headliners/ other significant bands/acts/whatever will be.

many thanks, appreciate any responses!

Muse

Metallica

Smashing Pumkpins

F+TM again

I'm thinking to come back to RW but it depends on the dates...I assume they'll be back between June/July next year considering Glastonbury will be back.

Edited by alan_ts

My guess would be...

Metallica

Kendrick Lamar

Editors / Florence & The Machine

Muse

(... but I'm always wrong!)

Edited by McCallion

Metallica will play in may in France according to Zegut... If they also play in Belgium at that moment, not sure they'll play at RW... 

I'd say Florence & The Machine, Kendrick Lamar or Eminem, Mumford & Sons + two huge headliners... I'd like The Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day and The Cure to be back 

Oohhh this is sounding promising;) thank you all

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Official dates 27th to 30th of June.

Same as Glastonbury 

Metallica have confirmed to be in Europe from mid May to early September,  on 5-6 tour legs, each 2-3 weeks long...so this is a possibility...also Muse will be out next summer, new record coming out soon...

• Like 1

THURS: Flo + Mumford
FRI: Green Day
SAT: Metallica, Pixies
SUN: Muse

Bastille and The 1975 to also appear somewhere 

Edited by frontsidecab

4 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

THURS: Flo + Mumford
FRI: Green Day
SAT: Metallica
SUN: Muse

Bastille and The 1975 to also appear somewhere 

Wow, that would be an extremely boring lineup (for me). 

Got 4/4 last year so pressures on 😂 have no idea this time to be fair but I’ll go with...

The Cure, Metallica, Muse, Mumford

with maybe editors or Florence coheadlining one of the days.

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Wow, that would be an extremely boring lineup (for me). 

This isn't my wishlist, I'd have Kendrick in there somewhere. Don't know enough about Smashing Pumpkins or anyone like that to make those predictions, so I have to stick to more modern artists. Wouldn't have predicted Nick Cave, PJ or Jack White last year but they ended up being some of my favourites this time around.

In terms of headliners it'll be hard to do better than this year for me. Every duo of co-headliners was fantastic, except for The Killers which I found a bit dull and 'fake'. If it's as good as this year, I'd definitely go back. 

Random predictions based on previous editions and 2018 fests

Florence / Weezer

Kendrick

Smashing Pumpkins

KOL/Oscar & The Wolf

Main:

Metallica
Green Day
Florence 
Kendrick Lamar

The Barn:

Pendulum
Twenty One Pilots
Chase & Status
Biffy Clyro

Other appearances:

Royal Blood / Enter Shikari / Jack Garratt / Years & Years / The Hunna / Foals / Slaves / Alabama Shakes / The Neighbourhood / Sum 41 / The Wombats / Oscar & The Wolf / Catfish & The Bottlemen.

No logic in this at all and The Barn looks too strong but just something I would love to see!

3 hours ago, Cammers said:

No logic in this at all and The Barn looks too strong but just something I would love to see!

That Barn line up would look good in the UK but a bit wack in Belgium. Pendulum and C&S aren't that popular anymore. TOP is a likely sub candidate at this point and Biffy Clyro haven't really grown, could maybe fit in the Steven Wilson spot from this year.

Matt Bellamy (Muse) on Studio Brussel: 'We are trying to book concerts for next summer, so it probably would be summer 2019 that we come back to Belgium.'

I'd go for:

Metallica

Muse

The smashing pumkins + Weezer

Florence and the Machine + somebody smaller, can't say 

I think Muse and Metallica are nailed up, due to the fact that Muse have nearly autoconfirmed themselves and Metallica we're almost nailed up for this year but they decided to tour in 2019 (right?)

I'd love Tool but I think they will do a loooong american your before thinking of getting back to Europe. If they are not trolling with the new album story...

31 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think Muse and Metallica are nailed up, due to the fact that Muse have nearly autoconfirmed themselves and Metallica we're almost nailed up for this year but they decided to tour in 2019 (right?)

Almost certainly. Both Muse and Metallica have played Werchter during their main tours in recent years