Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

On 5/1/2019 at 11:18 AM, Keithy said:

Already seeing Con Man tomorrow and twice at the Great Escape but I always take the approach you can never have enough of Janet and the lads so think I'll do that Bristol gig too.

Janet & the Lads on good form last night (even if the sound was a bit shite - how difficult can it be to get the levels right in a venue that has a decent sound-system? .... grrrrrrrr).

They have perfected the hour long crowd pleasing festival-type set. Disappointed not to see them on The Glade line-up though. Park, maybe? Surely somewhere?

Con Man 2.jpg

Con Man.jpg

21 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Janet & the Lads on good form last night (even if the sound was a bit shite - how difficult can it be to get the levels right in a venue that has a decent sound-system? .... grrrrrrrr).

They have perfected the hour long crowd pleasing festival-type set. Disappointed not to see them on The Glade line-up though. Park, maybe? Surely somewhere?

Con Man 2.jpg

Con Man.jpg

JPT + Crow's Nest would be my guess

On 5/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, Fishman said:

Con Man 2.jpg

Con Man.jpg

ConMan have just announced more dates for June, so surely they've got to be playing! 

Edited by deepkittycaz

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

What about Foals. Touring all summer with a suspicious gap over glasto weekend followed by a gig in dublin. Listed as (r) on the rumour page. Have we had any solid info? 

i've had two bits of info that says Saturday.

I really should up it to being a 'strong rumour'.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Any particular reason? If anything, secret sets tend to avoid sub and headliner kinda time, don't they?

Just saw that Elbow clashed with the sub last time.  Suppose Killers were with 3rd on pyramid 

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just saw that Elbow clashed with the sub last time.  Suppose Killers were with 3rd on pyramid 

Yeah you're right, I forgot that one. Some stage info would be great. It's gotta be the Other, JP and Park hasn't it? Torn between wanting JP (better atmosphere but having to get there really early) and Other. 

I don't think it could be the park due to over crowding issues. It probably woudn't be as big a draw as the killers were but there'll still be a huge crowd if it happens. Id say JP is most likely since it kinda worked for the killers (they closed off the area at one point but i don't think it was ever unsafe) and foals will get a slightly smaller crowd.

Been getting hyped over the prospect of a Foals secret set on the Saturday forgetting that my Saturday evening is already a clusterfuck of clashes now before we’ve even had the full lineup. Only hope is they stick them on a bit earlier, but that seems unlikely. 

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been getting hyped over the prospect of a Foals secret set on the Saturday forgetting that my Saturday evening is already a clusterfuck of clashes now before we’ve even had the full lineup. Only hope is they stick them on a bit earlier, but that seems unlikely. 

After thinking they’d clash with liam earlier in the thread I’m now wondering if it will be with Janet.  Makes more sense.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:18 AM, Keithy said:

Guess that's a warm up date for Body and Soul in Ireland at the weekend but at least they're still in the country so looking hopeful.

Already seeing Con Man tomorrow and twice at the Great Escape but I always take the approach you can never have enough of Janet and the lads so think I'll do that Bristol gig too.

See you all at the Bristol show then! 

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It's even more unlikely that they will have a secret set hole where a headliner would be, surely.

29 minutes ago, briddj said:

It's even more unlikely that they will have a secret set hole where a headliner would be, surely.

Won't happen during headliner time, but about third or fourth down whatever stage they're on would most likely still cause a big clash for me personally, especially with the already existing Janet Jackson vs. Lizzo dilemma. Gonna assume it'll be in the John Peel again so maybe there's some hope of getting to/from the Pyramid for it, but I'm not holding my breath, especially if it's at Killers level of busy (which it will be).

5 minutes ago, uscore said:

What's the latest a secret set has been on? (on the main stages).   I think the Radiohead in the park was around main stage sub time?

Did Franz Ferdinand play unannounced quite late in the park  once?  

Elbow were main stage sub time in 2017