Lineup 2020

randlfan

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Think the consensus is that Strokes only accept headline slots and R&L probably don’t see them as a headline band anymore.

Also I was there the Strokes played last time and the crowd didn’t give a shit. They’d give even less of a shit now.

Considering they have a ton of other dark fruits acts in big slots like Courteeners, Fender and Gerry they could have pulled it off I reckon and brought in that audience. Doesn’t really matter anyway as LG is probably so cheap compared to the Strokes that they aren’t worth it. Also their show right now they are currently like 40 minutes late on and counting - APE will have put off a lot of potential punters. If they were on time and had a better UK festival history it would be more likely 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The lineup will have put a lot of people off. Nobody who is seeing Rage is interested in Courteeners. And whilst a lot of us on here think that Slowthai and Run The Jewels are excellent bookings, we will be in the minority when it comes to Rage fans across the UK. Tom Grennan and Lady Leshurr? Absolutely no change that they appeal to RATM fans in any way (or fans of rock music in general). 

They would have been far better off playing a couple of their own shows. They would have sold out in under an hour, I am certain. 

Love Rage and saw them back at Reading and Oxegen in 2008 and at Finsbury and I was buzzing when they were announced the night before the full lineup was released this year. I was certain I’d be there for at least the Rage day however when the full lineup came out I was put off and didn’t buy a ticket, I still haven’t due to the poor lineup and I honestly don’t think it’s worth the price even though I’d buy a ticket to see Rage at their own show instantly as a big rage fan. This is coming from someone who likes Courteeners and Gerry Cinnamon. There are a few good acts in their but nothing that justifies the price. All the UK festivals have a pretty poor lineup this year. The only festivals that really stand out in my opinion are Mad Cool and Rock Werchter which I unfortunately can not attend. 

Edited by foolee

7 hours ago, foolee said:

Love Rage and saw them back at Reading and Oxegen in 2008 and at Finsbury and I was buzzing when they were announced the night before the full lineup was released this year. I was certain I’d be there for at least the Rage day however when the full lineup came out I was put off and didn’t buy a ticket, I still haven’t due to the poor lineup and I honestly don’t think it’s worth the price even though I’d buy a ticket to see Rage at their own show instantly as a big rage fan. This is coming from someone who likes Courteeners and Gerry Cinnamon. There are a few good acts in their but nothing that justifies the price. All the UK festivals have a pretty poor lineup this year. The only festivals that really stand out in my opinion are Mad Cool and Rock Werchter which I unfortunately can not attend. 

They should have booked Coldplay and have you ever thought of going trnsmt this year.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Nothing But Thieves to slot in below Gerry is my biggest takeaway from that lineup. 

There isn’t room for Sum 41 and Limp Bizkit. I could see I Prevail getting added to the RATM day, though. 

Limp Bizkit could slot in between Slowthai and RTJ I reckon.

44 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Limp Bizkit could slot in between Slowthai and RTJ I reckon.

Slowthai ain’t playing 5th down 

Id say more likely between All Time Low and 2DCC

Sum 41 between Slowthai and Tom Grennan and NBT under Gerry

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Slowthai ain’t playing 5th down 

Id say more likely between All Time Low and 2DCC

Sum 41 between Slowthai and Tom Grennan and NBT under Gerry

Don't see why he couldn't play 5th down, but I could also see Limp Bizkit slotting in under Slowthai too.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't see why he couldn't play 5th down, but I could also see Limp Bizkit slotting in under Slowthai too.

I just think he’s too big currently, 4th down imo is the perfect place, but yh true I just thought Limp Bizkit we’re slightly bigger than Sum 41 but idk

So quick question, I've been to reading twice now, first time 2017 I camped in white and figured out it mainly filled with older people with kids and stoners that are repetitively chill, however it does seem more pill head go there now as there are less searches at white... Second time last year in stayed in red and being 19 i enjoyed it, large groups that are mainly friendly and you can get drunk with, admittedly most people won't like how loud it is or how many drugs there are but its a good time for me.

My mates are thinking camping orange, I've told them in orange your tent will be destroyed and you wont get any sleep am i right thinking orange is worse than red or am i wrong??

1 minute ago, Preensie said:

So quick question, I've been to reading twice now, first time 2017 I camped in white and figured out it mainly filled with older people with kids and stoners that are repetitively chill, however it does seem more pill head go there now as there are less searches at white... Second time last year in stayed in red and being 19 i enjoyed it, large groups that are mainly friendly and you can get drunk with, admittedly most people won't like how loud it is or how many drugs there are but its a good time for me.

My mates are thinking camping orange, I've told them in orange your tent will be destroyed and you wont get any sleep am i right thinking orange is worse than red or am i wrong??

Long gone are the days where people go around destroying tents. Orange will be slightly rowdier than red but you’ll be fine. Back in the day yellow could get a bit crazy, those Sunday night riots used to be mental!