Lineup 2020

randlfan

11 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I really do think Vampire Weekend have a chance of being on the bill they arn’t doing any UK festivals this year and still have a fairly large gap between the August 15th and September 23rd and they have already done End of the Road and I can’t think of any other UK festival which is big enough to host them apart from R n L? 

Food for thought 

APE? could do Y Not/Boardmasters too

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Stormzy is playing Leeds a month after the festival and is probably out.

MCR are doing an exclusive show in Milton Keynes by all accounts.

But I can easily see a trio in the realms of MCR / Stromzy / Killers for 2021 now.

I think MCR might go a festival, that leaked poster of theirs says the MK show will be their only UK headline show. Very specific wording and leaves festivals an option. However they're only doing festivals if their given a headline slot. 

21 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I think MCR might go a festival, that leaked poster of theirs says the MK show will be their only UK headline show. Very specific wording and leaves festivals an option. However they're only doing festivals if their given a headline slot. 

Both leaked posters are fake 

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Travis Scott & Bring Me The Horizon, Liam Gallagher, Red Hot Chili Peppers is what I'm expecting.

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Travis Scott/ BMTH - Liam Gallagher - MCR

...Is the best realistic option at this stage I think.

I fear it will however be...

Travis Scott/ BMTH - Liam Gallagher - RHCP

Last scheduled date so far is 20th June in Lyon for RHCP. Doubt they would still be in Europe in August however they don’t have UK date and unless they play Finsbury or something I don’t know if they will. RandL seems a tad too far to still be touring. 

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Stormzy is playing Leeds a month after the festival and is probably out.

MCR are doing an exclusive show in Milton Keynes by all accounts.

But I can easily see a trio in the realms of MCR / Stromzy / Killers for 2021 now.

Idk if it’d be McR and Killers, I think The Strokes/Foals - MCR - Stormzy

57 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Yh that’s what I think, even if they’re fake they all say show rather than appearance which gives me a bit of hope

The fact they're all fake should tell you that they know nothing and are just putting words on it, they don't necessarily know anything.

Strokes and Foals should both headline outright now in my opinion but I'm biased towards Foals and they're festival positions don't do them any favours.

RHCP is a dull booking without new music, Frusciante or not. Leave them get new music out first.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

The fact they're all fake should tell you that they know nothing and are just putting words on it, they don't necessarily know anything.

Strokes and Foals should both headline outright now in my opinion but I'm biased towards Foals and they're festival positions don't do them any favours.

RHCP is a dull booking without new music, Frusciante or not. Leave them get new music out first.

Much rather Foals (or even Biffy again) than RHCP, completely uninspiring and half arsed on their last 2 trips to Reading

Sziget thread has got some further leaks today, if they turn out to be true then RHCP, Calvin Harris, Selena Gomez, Liam Gallagher and Travis Scott are all lined up to be headlining over there, seeing as we shared all four headliners with them last year it would be a safe bet to assume there will be some cross over again, Calvin Harris in a headline spot?

If we do end up with one or more of RHCP, Biffy, BMTH, Travis, Calvin that'll be why the announcement has taken so long seeing as none of them have laid out a concrete plan of their touring schedule yet

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

11 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'd love Foals again. In 2016 I wasn't hugely into them but their two albums last year totally changed my opinion and now I'm finding I like some of the older stuff more than I thought.

But yeah, subbing Liam at TRNSMT is only going to make them look weaker at Reading if they're both headliners.

Similar happened to me after WWD came out. One of my favourite albums of the last decade and when it came out I listened to a lot of their previous stuff more and loved it. Probably one of my favourite bands of all time these days. Them headlining R&L this year, even if it's a co-head, is genuinely the best possible outcome for me at this point haha.

Won't let me quote another post when editing but regarding Calvin Harris, not sure I see it. Could be a similar booking to Disclosure in 2016 I guess.

Edited by TheWaters

29 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Sziget thread has got some further leaks today, if they turn out to be true then RHCP, Calvin Harris, Selena Gomez, Liam Gallagher and Travis Scott are all lined up to be headlining over there, seeing as we shared all four headliners with them last year it would be a safe bet to assume there will be some cross over again, Calvin Harris in a headline spot?

If we do end up with one or more of RHCP, Biffy, BMTH, Travis, Calvin that'll be why the announcement has taken so long seeing as none of them have laid out a concrete plan of their touring schedule yet

In all honesty I can't see Calvin Harris playing R&L. Is Creamfields still a thing? He's probably more likely for that if anything. But if the leaks for those acts are legit then that pretty much confirms LG, RHCP & Travis Scott as headliners. Then BMTH will be a co or sub for one of them. Then we'll probably get some subs that suit the R&L demographic a bit more.

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

In all honesty I can't see Calvin Harris playing R&L. Is Creamfields still a thing? He's probably more likely for that if anything. But if the leaks for those acts are legit then that pretty much confirms LG, RHCP & Travis Scott as headliners. Then BMTH will be a co or sub for one of them. Then we'll probably get some subs that suit the R&L demographic a bit more.

yeah can't see them booking Calvin Harris either but i'm sure he'd still go down well with a good amount of the attendees at R&L seeing as they've always offered a bit of everything and have had a dance headliner before with Disclosure (although i heard they didn't go down well when announced) Creamfields is still going too but i believe Calvin headlined it last year

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

yeah can't see them booking Calvin Harris either but i'm sure he'd still go down well with a good amount of the attendees at R&L seeing as they've always offered a bit of everything and have had a dance headliner before with Disclosure (although i heard they didn't go down well when announced) Creamfields is still going too but i believe Calvin headlined it last year

Calvin played creamfields last year as a uk exclusive! Possibly looking to do more shows in the uk this year or an exclusive somewhere! 

48 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

What was the reasoning for most people seeming to rule Foals out? Is it because both them and LG are doing TRNSMT and they're subbing him? Suppose that wouldn't look the strongest unless they're in a strong co-head with say Travis Scott. My dream headliner tbh. 

That TRNSMT lineup is so strange. Foals are arguably bigger or as big as the headliners on the other days and their live show is far better than LG's. It just doesn't look as though it will work - I can't imagine trying to get into 'Once' after Foals had just thrashed out 'Inhaler', 'Black Bull' and 'Two steps twice'

I still think Foals would make a great co-headliner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

That TRNSMT lineup is so strange. Foals are arguably bigger or as big as the headliners on the other days and their live show is far better than LG's. It just doesn't look as though it will work - I can't imagine trying to get into 'Once' after Foals had just thrashed out 'Inhaler', 'Black Bull' and 'Two steps twice'

I still think Foals would make a great co-headliner.

it's weird because they're not even billed as a 'special guest' like The 1975 and Snow Patrol were when they played lower slots than expected