Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Vistas definitely, were really good last year.

Certainly were. Tent was packed as well, can only see them going from strength to strength.

Would rather see them in a packed out festival republic stage later in the day than early in an empty R1 stage though.

Sea girls also had a surprisingly packed crowd in the R1 tent last year, if they get an album out maybe could bump up to an early main stage slot? Would think that or a festival republic headline.

I don’t think RHCP will headline this year. It doesn’t look like they’re gonna have any new material out before summer, which would mean nothing new since their last headline slot. Obviously Frusciante’s return is a big deal, but by all accounts it came out of nowhere and was sorted in a few days in December, and it’s likely that R&L would have sorted all of their headliners by then.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don’t think RHCP will headline this year. It doesn’t look like they’re gonna have any new material out before summer, which would mean nothing new since their last headline slot. Obviously Frusciante’s return is a big deal, but by all accounts it came out of nowhere and was sorted in a few days in December, and it’s likely that R&L would have sorted all of their headliners by then.

I think RHCP would be better off doing BST or something similar for their return to the UK anyway. 

Although I enjoyed their set at Reading 2016, I don't know many people who would be as interested with them now days.

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I hope they don’t tbh 

45 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

What smaller bands are people hoping play? Thinking either festival republic or early on in the Radio 1 tent.

Would personally love to see Sports Team continue their rise and can certainly see Vistas getting a higher billing this year.

and VANT and Easy Life I’d like to see, Riscas and Cassia maybe. Obviously Fever 333 as mentioned before 

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I missed them last year but would definitely like them, also where would SWMRS fit do we think

I think SWMRS belong high on the festival republic/ early to mid on radio 1 to be honest. Sadly I don't think they'll get much bigger than they currently are. 

If they went back to the sound of their first album they may be able to go back to a slot in the pit.

I would say they're a bit of an outlier though with their famous links. 

36 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I think SWMRS belong high on the festival republic/ early to mid on radio 1 to be honest. Sadly I don't think they'll get much bigger than they currently are. 

If they went back to the sound of their first album they may be able to go back to a slot in the pit.

I would say they're a bit of an outlier though with their famous links. 

I enjoyed their main stage slot last year but I feel like the slot they were supposed to play would’ve had a better sound and atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I enjoyed their main stage slot last year but I feel like the slot they were supposed to play would’ve had a better sound and atmosphere.

Agree with you there for sure. Only issue with being higher up on one of the small stages is that they can be incredibly empty by that point as a lot of people tend to go to the bigger headliners instead. Sadly I don't think there is much to fix that though.

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

What smaller bands are people hoping play? Thinking either festival republic or early on in the Radio 1 tent.

Would personally love to see Sports Team continue their rise and can certainly see Vistas getting a higher billing this year.

Himalayas, The Inspector Cluzo, The Picturebooks,  Marsicans

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Himalayas seem to like R&L so I'm sure they'll be back again.

Can't say I've heard of the others other than Marsicans so I'll have to give them a listen!

Yeah i watched The Inspector Cluzo and The Picturebooks both open for Clutch. Have since seen The Picturebooks again a few times (even got them to sign my arm which i had tattooed lol Seeing them again in March! and booked a ticket last night for The Inspector Cluzo next month. Give both of them a listen, especially The Picturebooks of the two.

12 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Himalayas, The Inspector Cluzo, The Picturebooks,  Marsicans

Yh Himalayas would be good, FR again??

23 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Agree with you there for sure. Only issue with being higher up on one of the small stages is that they can be incredibly empty by that point as a lot of people tend to go to the bigger headliners instead. Sadly I don't think there is much to fix that though.

But Yh I wouldn’t have seen them on FR coz of Foos clash

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

would love to see happy campus, snuts, blossoms and bedroom/boredom (extremely underrated)

19 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

For sure, I don't think a clash with Foos would've done them any good whatsoever.

For a US artist they tend to be over here an awful lot at least so it isn't too hard to catch them.

True and Yh I agree so glad whoever pulled out did 

16 minutes ago, Trnsmt12311 said:

would love to see happy campus, snuts, blossoms and bedroom/boredom (extremely underrated)

I don’t think Blossoms will be back, but actually if there new album does well and goes as well as their debut could they be a co-headline shout

• Upvote 1