Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Oliver424 said:

What's noel gallager up to R&L weekend even playing different day to Liam would surely gets fans excited and shift tickets

If they put noel as a cohead with liam imagine the scenes obviously would get absolutely flamed if oasis didn't reform but would probably sell the festival out within a couple days. Would be funny to see but definitely won't happen.

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

If they put noel as a cohead with liam imagine the scenes obviously would get absolutely flamed if oasis didn't reform but would probably sell the festival out within a couple days. Would be funny to see but definitely won't happen.

Nah they should put Noel as headlining the R1 stage at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TKOCF said:

Nah they should put Noel as headlining the R1 stage at the same time. 

probably the worst clash possible to be fair if you want to see liam you probably want to see noel too - would definitely pick noel in the tent though myself

14 hours ago, Oliver424 said:

What's noel gallager up to R&L weekend even playing different day to Liam would surely gets fans excited and shift tickets

I literally said this about two pages ago😅😅, but I can’t see it happening they’d only reform for Glasto. If anything Noel would play Friday Reading Saturday Leeds so there was no way he could play with Liam( unless Sunday at Leeds, but that wouldn’t happen)

16 hours ago, Oliver424 said:

don't think noel is that big of a draw anymore, he didnt even sell out heaton park in manchester with Doves supporting. think the last few years of slagging off his fan base has come round to bite him on the backside.

27 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

don't think noel is that big of a draw anymore, he didnt even sell out heaton park in manchester with Doves supporting. think the last few years of slagging off his fan base has come round to bite him on the backside.

Wont take much for him to get back up there, for example look at Liam. He was doing shite until he started singing Noel's songs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Liam is only on his second album as a solo artist. On his first, he was pretty much on a clean slate, so we'll see where he is on the third. Noel was doing big outdoor shows on the second album as well. 

That said, Noel doing a stupid amount of shows touring the one album hasn't done him any favours at all.

Does Noel and His High Flying Birds even seem like a Reading act, ik there isn’t really “Reading acts” as such anymore but they just don’t strike me as a band that would appeal to Reading goers

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Does Noel and His High Flying Birds even seem like a Reading act, ik there isn’t really “Reading acts” as such anymore but they just don’t strike me as a band that would appeal to Reading goers

they’re proper dark fruits, they’d get a huge crowd at reading and especially leeds. 

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re proper dark fruits, they’d get a huge crowd at reading and especially leeds. 

Oh fair enough, I ain’t too fussed but could you imagine the scenes if them, Gerry Cinnamon, Courteeners and LG

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Noel’s solo stuff is a bit more dad rock/MOR than Liam’s so probably wouldn’t go down quite as well and is probably why he’s not been booked thus far. The Oasis tunes would obviously get a huge reception, but the rest I’m not so sure.

But surely FR won’t book both considering they’ll both play some of the same Oasis songs 

7 hours ago, rawzyj said:

Doves aren't that big of a support really especially to like dark fruits crowd nobody cares about them - if they announced them both at Reading it would probably sell out anyway just from the hype of an Oasis reunion. It won't happen anyway and if they tried that the backlash would be massive.

Noel also doesn't attract younger people as much as Liam as he plays less Oasis songs generally and his albums are less accessible.

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Liam is only on his second album as a solo artist. On his first, he was pretty much on a clean slate, so we'll see where he is on the third. Noel was doing big outdoor shows on the second album as well. 

That said, Noel doing a stupid amount of shows touring the one album hasn't done him any favours at all.

Have you seen Liam's shows this year though - they both are touring way too much but I guess you can when you were part of Oasis. I doubt Noel cares heaton didn't sell out honestly as he still made a heap of cash off it.

54 minutes ago, Rock_Cycle said:

They were really critical of the organisers last time they Played and said they never would again unfortunately 

They played Download though - i reckon they could be convinced but like how big was the crowd even? they don't strike me as worth booking for the slot they demand.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I don't think Noel would agree to being on the same lineup as Liam anyway tbh.

To be fair if i was told to sub which is probably the slot he would get and my brother was headlining i wouldn't be too happy either. I can't think of any festivals that noel has done where he has played a slot smaller than Liam after he has done it - in the UK at least anyway? Maybe Glastonbury if that happened but the lineups at glasto are stacked so it doesn't really count

This lineup waiting game is getting unbearable now. I know peoples sources are saying that MCR are just doing a show in MK, but I'm praying the reason they are taking so long to announce the lineup is because they are trying to get MCR. People were wrong about them doing Coachella, so let me dream, haha.

Can see Jimmy Eat World, I Prevail, and possibly even Papa Roach popping by for this to be honest. Get The Fratellis back as well, why not, it's been a while since they played Reading + Leeds, and I believe they are cooking up a new album. Not the draw they once were, but they sell out the Academy venues, and 'Chelsea Dagger' always goes off. Any chance of Hayley Williams appearing somewhere on the bill too, similar to what Gerard Way did a few years back? Apologies if I've repeated anything, haven't been on this thread for a while!