Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sticking with Travis Scott, Bring Me the Horizon, Liam Gallagher, Biffy Clyro & Blink-182 for this.

Tbh that sounds awful

8 hours ago, Hardeevan said:

Who else is hooked on this forum, I need the lineup to ease my addiction

i am I’m checking it every hour or so for anything 

by the time the lineup comes out I’m going to have spent all my money

55 minutes ago, gfa said:

They don't do etickets so its to do with final delivery i guess? Bit strange but people have been saying it here that they fake the sell out so that's what I am going off of.

They do box office collections don't they? Or they used to anyway. They don't fake sell outs at there other festivals, so can not imagine the forum is accurate on this one.

43 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Why would they?

Wasnt 2016 caused by a late drop out?

Supposedly

54 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Why?

And because its awful, Blink and FOB are similar stature but BMTH and TRavis Scott are miles bigger than Foals and Disclosure were. Co headlining is just glorified subbing 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sticking with Travis Scott, Bring Me the Horizon, Liam Gallagher, Biffy Clyro & Blink-182 for this.

Also, how is LG arguably the smallest in terms of reach the only outright headliner, ik thats not you but i doubt festival republic would do that. Imo if it was 5 it would be Travis Scott/BMTH - LG - Biffy/Foals or CATB

and Biffy would close at both festivals and have a longer set

Edited by Gerard the Fab

53 minutes ago, Jericode said:

At Download I'd say they're ready, but I reckon they'd sub under a bigger rock act at R&L.

Like a Foos or someone

49 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost wouldn't play R&L these days. I know they have once before but they're massive now and their brand of rock music certainly doesn't fit the festival. 

But surely if they headlined and chose a few acts underneath them it would work well

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost wouldn't play R&L these days. I know they have once before but they're massive now and their brand of rock music certainly doesn't fit the festival. 

Largely agree with this, but it was only 2017 that Korn played 3rd down under Eminem and Major Lzaer

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

who was this that supposedly dropped out?

i cant remember exactly who, Guns n Roses rings a bell but i dont think it was, but FOB were supposeldy subbing until they pulled out hence why Biffy were put in

21 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh but they still sell out every year 

20 hours ago, gfa said:

Simply not true it 'sells out' but it doesn't actually sell out - last years was the first real sell out for a while if i'm not mistaken they just take tickets off sale.

There's been a few times when I've heard I could get a weekend ticket on Friday itself. Which is a very late impulse purchase if I do say so.

Presumably some more tangible announcement is coming soon tbf. Liam Gallagher alone is fine for a certain demographic but needs something more.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Or enjoy a Saturday in Milton Keynes?

As a local, increasingly seems like one of the main night-spots now there is a recently opened branch of Popworld... can't say I've enjoyed either visit to it so that would be a downgrade on an MCR live reunion tour.

Either its just not a good nightclub chain brand (I've seen others around the UK), I'm just getting too old for clubs, or going sober to these places is a mistake. Prefer going to rockier venues but then that could just be my taste showing.

Incidentally, if there is some kind of MCR significance to January 6th, they're leaving it a bit late for UK followers if something is to be declared today.