Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Dukey said:

You'd think we will close to payday

Let's hope so, I'm 17 and this is hopefully the first year i camp as I've been going with my Dad for the past 6 years. All the people i'm going with are thinking of going Wireless instead because the lineup isn't out and they don't like LG. The quicker its announced the quicker they will realise that R&L is the best

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Catfish definitely not to headline. I'd argue Foals are less likely too but RHCP are probably in the frame since they're active. Can't see them returning without new music though.

Fair enough, I still think CATB will be back, sub maybe. Foals will only co now surely but i thought i saw someone say RHCP are realising some hence why i said it

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I would say Biffy and Bring Me are probable as they both haven't been announced at any UK festival yet, Biffy have an album due and are pretty much a house band while playing Germany early August. I'm thinking:

BIFFY CLYRO

LIAM GALLAGHER

TRAVIS SCOTT // BRING ME THE HORIZON

Probably - although the silence on headliners makes me think an act like Courteeners is one of the coheadliners.

Realistically I think the potential headliners we're still looking at are: Biffy Clyro, The Strokes, BMTH, Travis Scott, RHCP, MCR, RATM, Courteeners and Foals. Can't think of anyone else that are currently active that would be in with a shout, but there always sems to be at least on surprise every year in headliners (Postie 2019, literally everyone besides Kendrick in 2018, etc.). I would be very shocked indeed if it was none of those above though and tbf I'd be quite happy with most. 

The Strokes, BMTH, Travis, RATM and Foals would all be absolute top headliners for me. Biffy, RHCP and MCR would all be worth seeing without being too big of a deal for me. Courteeners can get to fuck however.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably - although the silence on headliners makes me think an act like Courteeners is one of the coheadliners.

I doubt it, having LG and the Courteeners on separate days as headliners doesnt make sense. There will be one rap and one rock i think

6 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Realistically I think the potential headliners we're still looking at are: Biffy Clyro, The Strokes, BMTH, Travis Scott, RHCP, MCR, RATM, Courteeners and Foals. Can't think of anyone else that are currently active that would be in with a shout, but there always sems to be at least on surprise every year in headliners (Postie 2019, literally everyone besides Kendrick in 2018, etc.). I would be very shocked indeed if it was none of those above though and tbf I'd be quite happy with most. 

The Strokes, BMTH, Travis, RATM and Foals would all be absolute top headliners for me. Biffy, RHCP and MCR would all be worth seeing without being too big of a deal for me. Courteeners can get to fuck however.

RATM or MCR would be mental but i doubt either would coz of Coachella and respective tours. Surprise wise what about the Cure, Blur or the Who. My Dad also keeps saying Pearl Jam 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I would say Biffy and Bring Me are probable as they both haven't been announced at any UK festival yet, Biffy have an album due and are pretty much a house band while playing Germany early August. I'm thinking:

BIFFY CLYRO

LIAM GALLAGHER

TRAVIS SCOTT // BRING ME THE HORIZON

Think that’s the most likely set. I marked BMTH as probable based on them liking the LG announcement tweet

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Are CATB and Foals still reasonable shouts and RHCP as well. Stromzy, AM and MCR could all still suprise us, its extremely improbable but yh

Don’t think CATB are there this year. Not totally out of question, but I doubt they’ll do Neighbourhood and R/L on the same year.

Foals are already doing three London shows and a Manchester one (plus Newcastle I think?). They wouldn’t have added any extra London dates (one at best) if they were also booked to headline Reading. Who knows though, they could’ve been booked since - could be something to do with the late announcement. Doubt it though.

Stormzy’s tour makes him very unlikely, AM aren’t even active this year so it won’t be them. Who knows about MCR though, unlikely as it may seem.

• Like 1

Just thinking about it after listening to the new JACKBOYS album by Travis Scott and his label mates, would be a pretty good idea for Reading to either book them as a headline group or book all of them, I'm sure Sheck Wes and now Don Toliver would draw huge crowds after them both blowing up in 2019, also could open up more oppurtinties for suprise guests? just a idea 

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Re: Biffy, stuff like Tramlines/Boardmasters/Kendal/YNOT haven’t been announced yet. They were never in the mix for owt else aside from maybe Download. I think they’ll end up at some or all of those this year.

3 minutes ago, Jakeylaw said:

Just thinking about it after listening to the new JACKBOYS album by Travis Scott and his label mates, would be a pretty good idea for Reading to either book them as a headline group or book all of them, I'm sure Sheck Wes and now Don Toliver would draw huge crowds after them both blowing up in 2019, also could open up more oppurtinties for suprise guests? just a idea 

I reckon Travis and the two you've mentioned would be great bookings for bigger rap slots, but not a great idea to have the group as a headline. I remember suggesting in 2018 that rather than having just Kendrick headline, they should have Black Hippy (which is Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul) and I think it was @dentalplan that correctly pointed out Kendrick on his own would go down much better. No one wants to see a huge artist have to reduce his set by a few songs so that some smaller artists a lot of people may never have heard of can have their songs. Would be a similar case here I assume.

48 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Which one of you made this? Just saw Facedown post it 😂

5AB5D86F-64B0-4406-BEB9-D2BC76353D7A.jpeg

As unrealistic as it is, this lineup is probably the best fake one I’ve seen for me personally. However, Idles, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Gerry Cinnamon, Slowthai, Catfish are all too low. 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

As unrealistic as it is, this lineup is probably the best fake one I’ve seen for me personally. However, Idles, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Gerry Cinnamon, Slowthai, Catfish are all too low. 

Agreed, especially with all the hype around Gerry Cinnamon at the moment. 

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I reckon Travis and the two you've mentioned would be great bookings for bigger rap slots, but not a great idea to have the group as a headline. I remember suggesting in 2018 that rather than having just Kendrick headline, they should have Black Hippy (which is Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul) and I think it was @dentalplan that correctly pointed out Kendrick on his own would go down much better. No one wants to see a huge artist have to reduce his set by a few songs so that some smaller artists a lot of people may never have heard of can have their songs. Would be a similar case here I assume.

Yeah true, you're so right i'm sure if they were booked on the same day Trav would just bring one or two of them out in his set anyway, Black Hippy howeverb much of a sick headline set that would be you're defo right with the whole name not being as big as just the main solo artist

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Re: Biffy, stuff like Tramlines/Boardmasters/Kendal/YNOT haven’t been announced yet. They were never in the mix for owt else aside from maybe Download. I think they’ll end up at some or all of those this year.

Never considered this...do we really think Biffy's stock has fallen that much? 

Saying that, to me it would be considered a huge booking for these smaller festivals rather than a weak placement for Biffy....Biffy at Truck 2020 surely not?!

I think just with the apparent lack of "older" rock bands around other than RHCP, Biffy seem to fit perfectly and are of course phenomenal live. Maybe that act could be Liam though for this year

• Upvote 1