Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re not big enough and they barely sell out the smaller venues they play here, but what with them being local lads they’ve probably just decided ‘f**k it’ and gave it a shot, maybe in the hope that their next album will give them a bit of a bump in success and it won’t seem like such a crazy idea come the time of the show. I imagine tickets will be cheaper than a usual arena show too to compensate. 

That's mental, fair play for giving it a shot I guess

They were great live tbf, really enjoyable set, I might look at tickets for the Nottingham show

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re not big enough and they barely sell out the smaller venues they play here, but what with them being local lads they’ve probably just decided ‘f**k it’ and gave it a shot, maybe in the hope that their next album will give them a bit of a bump in success and it won’t seem like such a crazy idea come the time of the show. I imagine tickets will be cheaper than a usual arena show too to compensate. 

2 hours ago, panda97 said:

That's mental, fair play for giving it a shot I guess

They were great live tbf, really enjoyable set, I might look at tickets for the Nottingham show

They sold out 2 nights at the Olympia last year which is a combined 3,800. They may see how it sells and have reduced capacity with blanked out seating etc. Not sure how many the Bootle canalside one they did this year holds but nowhere near the Arena capacity. 

Keep the price low and it could do very well.

I've got two things booked next year and one of them (a play) is the same date as the Arena gig. Fumin'.

Deciding if I should miss that to go. I've seen them 7 times since 2019 and I'm sure I'll have plenty more chances but it would be great to see them there. Feels like it could be a special one.

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Red Rum Club 2024 tour including huge hometown show at The Echo, I mean M&S Arena.

Fair play but can't see this being high demand. Wish them the best though - saw them a lot when they first started off in Zanzibar and other small venues.

And its always the Echo!

12 hours ago, panda97 said:

Thats an 11,000 capacity arena right? or am I googling the wrong one, are they really big enough for that?

I saw them in July play an afternoon slot on the second stage at a tiny festival

I assume (like most arenas) it has options for heavily reduced capacity.

They're playing a 400 capacity venue here, so it'd be some jump to even a quarter capacity arena show.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I assume (like most arenas) it has options for heavily reduced capacity.

They're playing a 400 capacity venue here, so it'd be some jump to even a quarter capacity arena show.

People go mad for hometown shows, it will at least sell 50% straight off the bat i reckon

2 minutes ago, doogie said:

Final date of the Take That tour is 8 June in Bristol.  Has to be a possibility.

Quite a lengthy affair tbf

So that's 21 arena dates followed by 8 outdoor stadium shows.

Not that I'm sure what the demand will be as a Milton Keynes local given there's also 8 London and Birmingham arena shows before it. Or maybe I underestimate their popularity.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:41 AM, zahidf said:

The Vaccines, the indie rockers announce The Pick-Up Full of Pink Carnations UK Tour 2024,

Birmingham O2 Institute, 05 Feb
Manchester Academy, 06
Nottingham Rock City, 07
London Troxy, 10
Margate Dreamland, 11
Folkeston Leas Cliff Hall, 13
Southampton O2 Guildhall, 14
Bristol O2 Academy, 15
Oxford O2 Academy, 17
Brighton Dome, 18
Sheffield O2 Academy, 19
Leeds O2 Academy, 21
Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, 22
Newcastle NX, 23

Barrowland, might go for that. I’ve been at some incredible gigs in that place 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Thundercat, the virtuoso bassist & singer announces UK & Ireland tour 2024,

Dublin Vicar Street, 27 March
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehosue, 28
Newcastle O2 City Hall, 29
Bristol Beacon, 30
Wolverhampton The Civic at The Halls, 31
London KOKO, 03 April
London KOKO, 04
London KOKO, 05
London KOKO, 06

interesting choice with Koko

Praying that Pulp are at Glasto in 2024 (and I get a ticket obviously). I have tried to block out the disappointment from the Cardiff gig I went to which had atrocious sound problems where I was stood. Could tell it was a great performance but the night was ruined to he honest. To hear them at Glasto would be life affirming stuff!