Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, Padjeq said:

I watched Carti's Wireless headline set on the iplayer. Definite big show feel with all these skinhead performers and the heavy metal guitarist.

Only did Wireless on the Friday this year, was great though, really enjoyed his set. Hoping I can find a cheap resale for Manchester, as £145 for standing prices me out, just dropped a decent amount on Taylor and keeping the rest aside for Drake. The rest of the acts are also well worth checking out if you haven't already, reckon they all could go quite far!

5 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Funny this has been posted today; was browsing Facebook last night, and for reasons I don't understand, I was shown a 'suggested post' from the 'Shed Seven Fan Group'. It was a picture of Blur playing Wembley, accompanied with a caption of someone who enjoyed Blur, 'but hopefully Shed get their turn at Wembley soon!', and a hundred comments of other Shed Seven fans who seem to *somehow* think that SHED SEVEN could genuinely play Wembley Stadium in 2023 (and 'show Blur how to do it properly')!

Really gave me a hearty chuckle. Bless.

Reminds me some lunatic on Facebook who was saying the disgraced Tom Meighan should have a shot at headlining Glastonbury. 

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Only did Wireless on the Friday this year, was great though, really enjoyed his set. Hoping I can find a cheap resale for Manchester, as £145 for standing prices me out, just dropped a decent amount on Taylor and keeping the rest aside for Drake. The rest of the acts are also well worth checking out if you haven't already, reckon they all could go quite far!

Just out of interest, how much were Taylor tickets?

59 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Just out of interest, how much were Taylor tickets?

For Wembley, these are the rough prices, give or take:

PL1 - £195

PL3 - £150

PL4 - £115

PL5 - £89

PL6 - £78

PL7 - £60

Front Standing - £175

GA Standing - £115

VIP1 - £665

VIP2 - £390

VIP3 - £335

VIP4 - £280

VIP5 - £225

VIP6 - £200

21 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Funny this has been posted today; was browsing Facebook last night, and for reasons I don't understand, I was shown a 'suggested post' from the 'Shed Seven Fan Group'. It was a picture of Blur playing Wembley, accompanied with a caption of someone who enjoyed Blur, 'but hopefully Shed get their turn at Wembley soon!', and a hundred comments of other Shed Seven fans who seem to *somehow* think that SHED SEVEN could genuinely play Wembley Stadium in 2023 (and 'show Blur how to do it properly')!

Really gave me a hearty chuckle. Bless.

Fan groups on facebook have 2 types of people. The attention starved 'hi guys I'm new to XXXXXX, it's so nice to find a community I can be apart of, any ideas where to start with this thing I need to be apart of an exclusive group for' and sycophants with the minds of children who live in a perpetual state of denial that the thing they're obsessed with isn't the best and most popular thing on earth.

My girlfriend is always showing me stuff from the Sam Fender group.... 😞

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While it's fine to roast Shed 7 fans thinking they're Wembley headliners it's not like this place doesn't contain a number of people with similarly unrealistic expectations of their favourite acts being Glastonbury headliners.

I go to festival facebook to roast them.

41 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Fan groups on facebook have 2 types of people. The attention starved 'hi guys I'm new to XXXXXX, it's so nice to find a community I can be apart of, any ideas where to start with this thing I need to be apart of an exclusive group for' and sycophants with the minds of children who live in a perpetual state of denial that the thing they're obsessed with isn't the best and most popular thing on earth.

My girlfriend is always showing me stuff from the Sam Fender group.... 😞

Tbf, I've been a Fender fan since 2019 or so, but his fans have recently become slightly cultish. I'm not sure if it's a coincedence, but the way Geordies defend Newcastle United's ownership is similar to some people I've seen talk about Sam Fender - 'HE'S THE SAVIOUR OF GUITAR MUSIC!!!'

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Additional Depeche Mode show in London. Extra shows in Berlin and Cologne also announced.

I'll wait for a birmingham twickets ticket or glastonbury show. No chance paying these prices. If they don't play and accept glastonbury next year charging this much on their own shows then they won't. I can't see glastonbury not wanting them.

32 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Just looking at Muse tickets out of curiosity for the arena gigs and the aisle seats are a slightly more expensive price. That normal practice now? 😮

59A7B78B-4426-44BC-B248-37B0B2374CD9.jpeg

Yep, anything to screw a few extra quid. I'm glad seetickets don't do dynamic pricing but this is what happens when the government doesn't regulate the pricing. 

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

Just looking at Muse tickets out of curiosity for the arena gigs and the aisle seats are a slightly more expensive price. That normal practice now? 😮

59A7B78B-4426-44BC-B248-37B0B2374CD9.jpeg

What’s weird about this, is that aisle seats are the worst at gigs/sporting events.

Guaranteed that you have to get up and down 20 times to let people past for a piss or beer run. 

Middle of the aisle is where it’s at.

Extra fiver for aisle seats ffs! As a tall bloke it feels like a punishment in seats, as there’s nowhere to put my legs - cinemas, planes, trains, gigs etc etc. an aisle is a bit of a result cos I can at least stretch out one leg. 

but that’s the trade off for everyone behind me at standing events cursing my childhood appetite for broccoli while I have a lovely view 😁 

On 7/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, balti-pie said:

Extra fiver for aisle seats ffs! As a tall bloke it feels like a punishment in seats, as there’s nowhere to put my legs - cinemas, planes, trains, gigs etc etc. an aisle is a bit of a result cos I can at least stretch out one leg. 

but that’s the trade off for everyone behind me at standing events cursing my childhood appetite for broccoli while I have a lovely view 😁 

I'm glad I saw these bands at a time when they were affordable and better. 

Posted this in the 2024 Headliners thread yesterday but Coldplay are announcing four nights in Dublin later in the week along with a bunch of Euro dates for next summer. Eyes on where the gaps in the schedule fall for which festivals will have them.

Declaration of interest: my mate’s sons are in this band. Saw the singer do a superb set of acoustic versions of their songs at the First Stop stage facing  Croissant Neuf bandstand on glasto Wednesday night. It was brilliant and chock full of scousers! Given that they are very electro, I thought it might have been a stretch but the songs were just so good. Anyway, if you are around in Liverpool next Friday it’s a freebie! 

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Liverpool/Heebie-Jeebies/Oranj-Son/36401526/